Grafite e grafene i materiali del futuro ?

Un terribile concorrente

E intanto il prezzo del grafene continua a precipitare: oggi siamo a 23,6 € al Kg. Le azioni ad esso legate Zentek e NanoXplore, in poco tempo hanno perso la metà del loro valore e ora devono fare una risalita del 100% per tornare come prima. Insomma non c'è pace nemmeno in questo mondo, che sembrava essere dorato e impostato solo al rialzo.

Dr. Pope added: “Silicon is poised to replace graphite as the dominant anode material in current Li-ion and future, next-generation batteries. However, silicon expands by over 300% when the battery is charged and discharged, which has limited commercialization efforts. Our lab, through ongoing efforts supported by Zentek and the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, has developed an improved method to enable high capacity, high cycle-life anodes by encapsulating them in a protective, crumpled graphene shell using a simple spray drying approach often used to generate much of the world’s dry powders. We look forward to our continued collaboration with Zentek which we hope will soon lead to a dominant, commercial anode technology.”

Ultima modifica:
Quotazione di Black Swan Graphene ad aprile

Ho avuto uno scambio di e-mail con l'investor relator della Black Swan Graphene.
La quotazione è prevista per la metà/fine di aprile 2022.
Per il momento non fanno ancora comunicati stampa in merito al prezzo del loro grafene; si limitano a dire che è un business sano. Devono ancora fare il PEA.

Speriamo che per allora la situazione in Ucraina si sia risolta per il bene e la pace porti benefici a tutti.

Ho avuto uno scambio di e-mail con l'investor relator della Black Swan Graphene.
La quotazione è prevista per la metà/fine di aprile 2022.
Per il momento non fanno ancora comunicati stampa in merito al prezzo del loro grafene; si limitano a dire che è un business sano. Devono ancora fare il PEA.

Speriamo che per allora la situazione in Ucraina si sia risolta per il bene e la pace porti benefici a tutti.

speriamo per la situazione in Ukraina
oggi l'indice della borsa di Mosca perde circa il 10% i titoli minerari un po' meno, ma la guerra se ci sara' ci farà preoccupare

Northern Graphite scatenata negli acquisti di miniere di grafite.

Northern Graphite Signs Option to Acquire Mousseau West Graphite Project

February 23, 2022: Northern Graphite Corporation (NGC:TSX-V, NGPHF:OTC-Pink, FRA:ONG, XSTU:ONG) (the “Company” or “Northern”) is pleased to announce that it has entered into an agreement (the “Option Agreement”) that provides it with the option to acquire a 100% interest in the Mousseau West Graphite project (“Mousseau West” or the “Property”), subject to the owners retaining a 2% net smelter royalty (“NSR”). The Property is located approximately 80 kms, and in economic trucking distance, from the producing Lac-des-Iles (“LDI”) graphite mine in Quebec. On December 2, 2021 Northern announced that it had entered into binding purchase agreements to acquire LDI and a graphite deposit/ processing plant in Namibia from subsidiaries of Imerys SA (the “Imerys Transaction”). See press release here

Pursuant to the Option Agreement, Northern has agreed to pay $50,000 for the six-month exclusive right to conduct due diligence on the Property. If the Company elects to exercise its option, it can acquire Mousseau West through the payment of $500,000 in cash and the issuance of 900,000 common shares of the Company, subject to the acceptance of the TSX Venture Exchange (“TSX-V”). Northern will also have the right to acquire the 2% NSR from the owners at any time upon the payment of $1 million.

A technical report entitled “Technical Report and Resources Estimate of the Mousseau West Property” dated September 24, 2013 (the “Report”) was completed by Alain Tremblay, geol. eng. and Yvan Bussières, geol. eng. in accordance with the requirements of National Instrument 43-101, Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects (“NI 43-101”). It was filed on SEDAR on October 17, 2013 and is available under the profile of NanoXplore Inc. From 1996 to 2008, Alain Tremblay was in charge of exploration at the LDI mine and is well-acquainted with the geology and mining of graphite mineralization in the area. The Report states that the nature of mineralization at Mousseau West is similar to LDI which “indicates high confidence in the possibility of mining, milling and concentrating it into a final graphite product suitable for customers.”

Gregory Bowes, CEO commented that “The Company’s main priority when the Imerys Transaction closes is to extend the mine life at LDI, increase production back to its nameplate capacity of 25,000tpy and solidify its position as the only producing graphite mine in North America. The Mousseau West deposit not only provides an attractive option for meeting these objectives, it also has the potential to become a significant project in its own right.” He added “the world requires significantly more graphite production to support the evolution to electric vehicles and Northern believes that high-quality deposits located close to infrastructure in politically stable jurisdictions will become very valuable commodities.”

Mousseau West consists of 12 claims totalling 489 hectares in size. It is located approximately 150 kms north of Montreal in the Mont-Laurier area and can be accessed from Highway 117 over 12 kms of good quality logging roads. Over 7,500 meters of drilling has been carried out on the Property and the Report estimates that it contains an Inferred Resource of 4.1 million tonnes grading 6.2% graphitic carbon (“Cg”). The resource includes 2.7 million tonnes that have been drilled on 25 meter centers which the Report states “are considered to have reached a high level of definition and do not need additional work.” In 1990 Derry, Michener, Booth & Wahl (“DMBW”) estimated Probable Reserves of 1.7 million tonnes grading 7.2% Cg and Possible Reserves of 0.7 million tonnes grading 7.8% Cg.

The Company is classifying both the Inferred Resources contained in the Report and the Reserves calculated by DMBW as historical estimates as the Company’s Qualified Person (as defined by NI 43 101) has not performed sufficient work to classify them as either current mineral resources or mineral reserves. However, the Company considers the data to be relevant as it is indicative of potential mineralization on the Property. The Company is not aware of any more recent resource estimates.

The Mousseau West deposit outcrops at surface and the Report indicates that the morphology of the deposit is potentially very suitable for open pit mining, with a low waste-to-ore stripping ratio. Also, zonation in the deposit allows access to richer mineralization first. The deposit is 250 metres long and lies at the western end of an EM conductor that extends another 400 meters east to the property boundary. This area represents a prime exploration target with the potential to expand the size of the deposit. Other conductors also exist on the Property and represent additional exploration targets. The graphite is mainly hosted by calcitic marbles which provide buffering capacity for the low level of sulphides. Like LDI, this likely indicates that any tailings would be non-acid generating.

Update on the Imerys Transaction

Closing of the Imerys Transaction is subject to a number of conditions, including acceptance of the TSX-V and completion of US$55 million in related equity/stream/royalty/debt financings. The first tranche of the equity financing has closed and the Company anticipates that the royalty/stream/debt financing and the Imerys Transaction will close within two weeks.

About Northern Graphite

Northern Graphite is a Canadian company, listed on the TSX Venture Exchange and focussed on becoming a world leading producer of natural graphite and upgraded, high value products critical to the green energy revolution including anode material for lithium-ion batteries/EVs, fuel cells and graphene, as well as advanced industrial technologies.

Completion of the Transaction will enable Northern to become the only North American and the world’s third largest graphite producing company outside of China. Northern will also own two large scale development projects that have high quality flake graphite and are located close to infrastructure in politically stable jurisdictions. These projects will enable the Company to significantly expand production to meet rapidly growing demand from the EV/battery markets.

Buongiorno, ho messo due pending lmt per i seguenti titoli, inizierei a costruire una posizione sul grafene.

NNXPF buy lmt @ 3.45
ZENYF buy lmt @ 2.69

AGM non mi convince un granchè in questo periodo. Resto in febbrile attesa di NGPHF! Cosa ne pensate di un bel pending lmt a 0.50 tondo tondo?

Buongiorno, ho messo due pending lmt per i seguenti titoli, inizierei a costruire una posizione sul grafene.

NNXPF buy lmt @ 3.45
ZENYF buy lmt @ 2.69

AGM non mi convince un granchè in questo periodo. Resto in febbrile attesa di NGPHF! Cosa ne pensate di un bel pending lmt a 0.50 tondo tondo?

Quello che posso dirti è che il prezzo del grafene è crollato, quindi aziende tipo NanoXplore hanno sofferto tantissimo; Zentek invece lavora col grafene, quindi col prezzo sceso potrebbe vendere i suoi prodotti a prezzi più bassi.
Tra l'altro quando entrerà sul mercato Black Swan Graphene, il prezzo del grafene dovrebbe scendere ancora.

NNXPF buy lmt @ 3.45
ZENYF buy lmt @ 2.69

ciao
lungi da me dare consigli di investimento :yes::yes:

ma visto il tuo interessamento sulla grafite, analizza anche il settore materiali strategici e terre rare, di cui forum a parte, dove parliamo di un etf che detiene 20 aziende e che media sia i guadagni sia le perdite.
poi fiscalmente un etf non compensa le minus in caso di gain, ma questo è il male minore. :yes::yes:

Grazie Prezzemolo,

Non sono un gran fan degli ETF.

Tornando sulla grafite, si che i prezzi del grafene stanno crollando, ma è anche vero che non è una novità. Lo sappiamo da anni che l'obbiettivo è proprio quello. Crollato il prezzo di produzione aumenterà l'adozione. Aumentando l'adozione la produzione andrà alle stelle, e con essa scenderanno ancora i costi di produzione grazie alle economie di apprendimento e scala. QUello era l'obbiettivo!

Vedevo l'altro giorno che ormai il grafene è usato pure negli sci! è palese che è l'acciaio della seconda metà del 21esimo secolo. I produttori faranno si la parte da leoni, soprattutto in dvd, ma anche i trasformatori faranno soldoni secondo me

Northern Graphite i tempi si allungano

Northern Graphite Financing Update

March 2, 2022: Northern Graphite Corporation (NGC:TSXV, NGPHF:OTC Pink, FRA:ONG, XSTU:ONG) (the “Company” or “Northern”) announces that it has received a 30 day extension from the TSX Venture Exchange (the "TSXV") to close the final tranche of its private placement (the “Private Placement”) being conducted in connection with the Company’s previously announced acquisition of the producing Lac des Iles graphite mine in Quebec and the Okanjande graphite deposit/Okorusu processing plant in Namibia from subsidiaries of Imerys Group (“Imerys”) for approximately US$40 million (the “Transaction”). The final date for acceptance by the TSXV of the Private Placement has been extended to April 4, 2022 in order for the Company to finalize documentation associated with the debenture, royalty and streaming financings with the Sprott Group. It is anticipated that the Transaction, the final tranche of the Private Placement and the debenture/royalty/stream financings will close in mid-March, 2022.

As previously announced, the Company completed an initial closing of the Private Placement on February 10, 2022, in which it issued a total of 25,762,500 subscription receipts (the “Subscription Receipts”) at a price of $0.75 each for gross proceeds of approximately $19.3 million, through a syndicate of agents led by Sprott Capital Partners LP and including Cormark Securities Inc., Canaccord Genuity Corp. and Tamesis Partners LLP.

Affiliates of the Sprott Group have indicated their intention to purchase the remaining 5,000,000 Subscription Receipts not issued in the initial closing for additional gross proceeds of $3.75 million in a follow-on closing of the Private Placement pending agreement on final documentation for the debenture, royalty and streaming financings. The net proceeds from the Private Placement will be used by the Company to partially fund the purchase price for the Transaction. In addition, US$3 million of the purchase price for the Transaction will be satisfied by issuing Units (as defined below) to Imerys on the same terms and conditions as those issuable on exercise of the Subscription Receipts.

Each Subscription Receipt shall be deemed to be automatically exercised, without payment of any additional consideration and without further action on the part of the holder thereof, into one unit of Northern (a “Unit”) upon satisfaction of certain escrow release conditions related to the completion of the Transaction. Each Unit shall be comprised of one common share of Northern, and one-half of one share purchase warrant of Northern. Each whole warrant shall be exercisable to acquire one common share of the Company at a price of $1.10 per share for a period of 24 months from the date the escrow release conditions are satisfied.

The Private Placement remains subject to the final approval of the TSXV.

Ritardi in Madagascar

NextSource Materials annuncia una valutazione economica preliminare per un'espansione mineraria di 150.000 tonnellate all'anno di concentrato di grafite SuperFlake®
COMUNICATO STAMPA – TORONTO, 28 febbraio 2022

NextSource Materials Inc. (TSX:NEXT) (OTCQB:NSRCF) ("NextSource" o "la Società") è lieta di annunciare i risultati di una valutazione economica preliminare ("PEA") per un'espansione di Fase 2 migliorata del suo progetto di miniera di grafite Molo di proprietà al 100% nel sud del Madagascar.

Il PEA ha preso in considerazione un'espansione di Fase 2 potenziata consistente in un impianto di lavorazione autonomo con una capacità produttiva di 150.000 tonnellate all'anno ("tpa") di concentrato di grafite in scaglie per una vita di 26 anni della miniera ("LOM"). Il PEA prevede che i costi di capitale per costruire 150.000 tpa di capacità di elaborazione sarebbero di 155,8 milioni di dollari con un VAN ante imposte che utilizza un tasso di sconto dell'8% di 929,6 milioni di dollari e un IRR ante imposte del 41,1%.

Il PEA ha ipotizzato che l'impianto di lavorazione di Fase 2 sarà costruito adiacente all'impianto di lavorazione di Fase 1 da 17.000 tpa, attualmente in costruzione.

Craig Scherba, P.Geo., Presidente e CEO di NextSource ha commentato:

"Siamo molto lieti che il PEA definisca i forti ritorni finanziari di un'operazione su larga scala e la significativa scalabilità del nostro progetto, poiché la domanda del mercato di grafite a scaglie per l'uso nelle batterie dei veicoli elettrici è in aumento. Un'espansione di Fase 2 di questa portata posizionerà NextSource come uno dei principali fornitori globali e sosterrà la nostra strategia di integrazione verticale per costruire il nostro impianto di anodi di batteria a tempo debito, consentendo la fornitura diretta al mercato delle batterie per veicoli elettrici".

Il PEA è stato preparato da Erudite Strategies Ltd. ("Erudite") del Sud Africa, una società indipendente di ingegneria e consulenza specializzata nell'estrazione e nella lavorazione di materie prime e materiali per batterie.

La Società avverte che il PEA è di natura preliminare e include risorse minerarie dedotte che sono considerate geologicamente troppo speculative per avere considerazioni economiche applicate a loro che consentirebbero loro di essere classificate come riserve minerarie. Le risorse minerarie non sono riserve minerarie e non hanno dimostrato redditività economica e non vi è alcuna certezza che il PEA sarà realizzato.

Impianto di anodi della batteria

La maggiore capacità di fase 2 del PEA è stata determinata sulla base di discussioni con i produttori automobilistici ("OEM") e i nostri partner di prelievo dell'anodo della batteria. La Società e i partner di prelievo dell'anodo della batteria stanno valutando la costruzione di un impianto di anodo di batteria ("BAF"), in grado di convertire il concentrato di grafite in scaglie da qualsiasi miniera qualificata in grafite sferonita e purificata ("SPG") e in SPG rivestito ("CSPG"). CSPG è la forma finale di grafite naturale necessaria per produrre batterie agli ioni di litio richieste dagli OEM. Come annunciato il 15 novembreesimo, 2021, la Società ha avviato uno studio tecnico per determinare i costi di capitale e operativi per il nostro primo BAF e sta prendendo in considerazione diverse sedi proposte.

Sulla base di recenti discussioni con gli OEM e i nostri partner di prelievo degli anodi a batteria, la Società prevede che la domanda di CSPG registrerà una crescita significativa. Ad esempio, la previsione della domanda a 7 anni di un singolo OEM di medie dimensioni richiederebbe a NextSource di costruire un BAF con una capacità produttiva CSPG di 58.000 tpa. Poiché ci vogliono 2,2 tonnellate di grafite in scaglie per produrre 1 tonnellata di CSPG, la maggior parte della capacità produttiva di Fase 2 sarebbe dedicata a fornire il BAF per un singolo OEM di medie dimensioni.

Molo PHASE 1 Aggiornamento Costruzione e Messa in Servizio

L'11 gennaio 2022, la Società ha annunciato che l'impianto di lavorazione Molo Phase 1 (l'"Impianto di lavorazione"), che è stato completamente fabbricato e costruito in una struttura offshore, ha superato con successo i test di accettazione della fabbrica e la verifica finale. Da allora l'impianto di lavorazione è stato smantellato, imballato ed è ora pronto per essere spedito al sito minerario.

A causa delle restrizioni di viaggio COVID-19 in corso in Madagascar e della recente attività ciclonica che ha colpito la costa orientale del paese, l'inizio dei lavori di sterro e dei lavori civili nel sito minerario è stato ritardato e la messa in servizio dell'impianto di processo Molo Phase 1 è ora prevista per il Q3, 2022.

La fase 1 della miniera di grafite di Molo è completamente finanziata e, una volta messa in servizio, Molo diventerà una delle poche miniere di grafite operative al di fuori della Cina.

La Società non ha ancora preso una decisione di produzione in relazione alla Fase 2. La Società si aspetta di valutare i risultati di uno studio di fattibilità definitivo prima di prendere una decisione di produzione in relazione alla Fase 2.

Northern Graphite: risparmio energetico

Northern Graphite Plans to Further Reduce Carbon Footprint
of Bissett Creek Project

March 9, 2022: Northern Graphite Corporation (NGC:TSXV, NGPHF:OTC Pink, FRA:ONG, XSTU:ONG) (the “Company” or “Northern”) is pleased to announce that Minviro Ltd. (“Minviro”) has updated its Life Cycle Assessment (“LCA”) on the production of graphite concentrate from the Bissett Creek deposit to include the benefits of an electric mining fleet. Minviro has estimated that by using electricity from the Ontario grid to power both the mining fleet (rather than diesel) and the processing plant (instead of using natural gas), the Global Warming Potential (“GWP”) of the Bissett Creek project could be reduced by approximately 80 per cent, from 2.2 kilograms (“kg”) of CO2 eq. per kg of graphite produced to 0.45 kg of CO2 eq. Minviro’s report is publicly available here.

Northern commissioned Minviro’s report to help guide the Company in developing a carbon neutral project. Additionally, Minviro benchmarked the potential carbon footprint of Bissett Creek against the production of Chinese natural and synthetic graphite and their upgrade into battery anode material (“BAM”).

Minviro estimated that Li-ion battery anode material, also known as coated spherical purified graphite (“CSPG”), manufactured from Bissett Creek mine concentrates under the optimized scenario would have a carbon footprint of 6.3 kg of CO***2 eq. per kg of product. In comparison, the carbon footprint of Chinese CSPG produced from natural graphite is estimated at 16.8 kg of CO***2 eq. and 17 kg of CO***2 eq. if produced from synthetic graphite. The Chinese estimates do not include the carbon footprint of transporting CSPG to North America.

Gregory Bowes, Northern’s CEO commented, “The Minviro report clearly identifies options to reduce Bissett Creek’s carbon footprint to levels where carbon neutrality can be economically achieved by purchasing carbon offsets. However, Northern intends to very proactively identify opportunities to create its own carbon credits as part of its land stewardship obligations with respect to the Company’s mining leases.”

Life Cycle Analysis is a cradle-to-gate study that assesses project impacts from the point of resource extraction to the end product. The Minviro study follows the Greenhouse Gas (“GHG”) Protocol and has been conducted according to the requirements of the ISO-14040:2006 and ISO-14044:2006, including a third-party review from LCA experts to ensure that it is scientifically robust. A number of parameters were calculated using high level assumptions and further testing, data collection and analysis will be conducted.

About the Bissett Creek Project

An independent study has rated Bissett Creek the highest margin graphite project in the world, including existing producing mines. This is due to its very high percentage of valuable large flake graphite, simple metallurgy and favorable location which provides ready access to equipment, supplies, labor, grid power, natural gas and markets.

The Bissett Creek deposit is located in the southern part of Canada between the cities of North Bay and Ottawa and 15 kms from the Trans Canada Highway. A full Feasibility Study has been completed for the construction of a graphite mine producing 20-25,000 tonnes per year of concentrate. Measured and indicated resources are sufficient to support a much higher rate of production and the Company is re-evaluating its development plans in light of the substantial growth in EV/battery markets. The results of this process are expected to be announced in the coming months.

Northern Graphite prevede di ridurre ulteriormente l'impronta
di carbonio del progetto Bissett Creek

9 marzo 2022: Northern Graphite Corporation (NGC:TSXV, NGPHF:OTC Pink, FRA:ONG, XSTU:ONG) (la "Società" o "Northern") è lieta di annunciare che Minviro Ltd. ("Minviro") ha aggiornato la sua valutazione del ciclo di vita ("LCA") sulla produzione di concentrato di grafite dal deposito di Bissett Creek per includere i benefici di una flotta mineraria elettrica. Minviro ha stimato che utilizzando l'elettricità della rete dell'Ontario per alimentare sia la flotta mineraria (piuttosto che il diesel) che l'impianto di lavorazione (invece di utilizzare gas naturale), il potenziale di riscaldamento globale ("GWP") del progetto Bissett Creek potrebbe essere ridotto di circa l'80%, da 2,2 chilogrammi ("kg") di CO2 eq. per kg di grafite prodotto a 0,45 kg di CO2 eq. Il rapporto di Minviro è pubblicamente disponibile qui.

Northern ha commissionato il rapporto di Minviro per aiutare a guidare l'azienda nello sviluppo di un progetto a emissioni zero. Inoltre, Minviro ha confrontato la potenziale impronta di carbonio di Bissett Creek con la produzione di grafite naturale e sintetica cinese e il loro aggiornamento in materiale anodico della batteria ("BAM").

Minviro ha stimato che il materiale anodico della batteria agli ioni di litio, noto anche come grafite purificata sferica rivestita ("CSPG"), prodotto da concentrati minerari di Bissett Creek nello scenario ottimizzato, avrebbe un'impronta di carbonio di 6,3 kg di CO2 eq. per kg di prodotto. In confronto, l'impronta di carbonio del CSPG cinese prodotto dalla grafite naturale è stimata in 16,8 kg di CO2 eq. e 17 kg di CO2 eq. se prodotto da grafite sintetica. Le stime cinesi non includono l'impronta di carbonio del trasporto di CSPG in Nord America.

Gregory Bowes, CEO di Northern, ha commentato: "Il rapporto Minviro identifica chiaramente le opzioni per ridurre l'impronta di carbonio di Bissett Creek a livelli in cui la neutralità del carbonio può essere raggiunta economicamente acquistando compensazioni di carbonio. Tuttavia, Northern intende identificare in modo molto proattivo le opportunità per creare i propri crediti di carbonio come parte dei suoi obblighi di gestione del territorio in relazione ai contratti di locazione mineraria della Società".

L'analisi del ciclo di vita è uno studio cradle-to-gate che valuta gli impatti del progetto dal punto di estrazione delle risorse al prodotto finale. Lo studio Minviro segue il protocollo greenhouse gas ("GHG") ed è stato condotto secondo i requisiti delle norme ISO-14040:2006 e ISO-14044:2006, inclusa una revisione di terze parti da parte di esperti LCA per garantire che sia scientificamente solido. Un certo numero di parametri sono stati calcolati utilizzando ipotesi di alto livello e saranno condotti ulteriori test, raccolta e analisi dei dati.

Informazioni sul progetto

Bissett Creek Uno studio indipendente ha valutato Bissett Creek il progetto di grafite a più alto margine al mondo, comprese le miniere di produzione esistenti. Ciò è dovuto alla sua altissima percentuale di preziosa grafite a scaglie di grandi dimensioni, alla semplice metallurgia e alla posizione favorevole che fornisce un accesso immediato ad attrezzature, forniture, manodopera, energia di rete, gas naturale e mercati.

Il deposito di Bissett Creek si trova nella parte meridionale del Canada tra le città di North Bay e Ottawa e a 15 km dalla Trans Canada Highway. È stato completato uno studio di fattibilità completo per la costruzione di una miniera di grafite che produce 20-25.000 tonnellate all'anno di concentrato. Le risorse misurate e indicate sono sufficienti a sostenere un tasso di produzione molto più elevato e la Società sta rivalutando i propri piani di sviluppo alla luce della sostanziale crescita dei mercati EV/batterie. I risultati di questo processo dovrebbero essere annunciati nei prossimi mesi.

Informazioni su Northern Graphite

Northern Graphite è una società canadese, quotata al TSX Venture Exchange ("TSXV"), focalizzata sul diventare un produttore leader mondiale di grafite naturale e prodotti aggiornati e di alto valore fondamentali per la rivoluzione dell'energia verde, tra cui materiale anodico per batterie agli ioni di litio / EV, celle a combustibile e grafene, nonché tecnologie industriali avanzate.

Il 2 dicembre 2021 Northern ha annunciato di aver stipulato accordi di acquisto vincolanti per acquisire la miniera di grafite Lac des Iles in Quebec e il deposito di grafite di Okanjande / impianto di lavorazione di Okorusu in Namibia dalle filiali di Imerys SA (la "Transazione"). La chiusura della transazione è soggetta a una serie di condizioni, tra cui l'approvazione finale del TSX-V e il completamento di $ 55 milioni in finanziamenti correlati. Il completamento della transazione consentirà a Northern di diventare l'unica azienda nordamericana e la terza più grande azienda produttrice di grafite non cinese al mondo. Inoltre, Bissett Creek e Okanjande sono due progetti di sviluppo su larga scala che hanno grafite a scaglie di alta qualità e si trovano vicino alle infrastrutture in giurisdizioni politicamente stabili. Consentiranno all'azienda di espandere significativamente la produzione futura per soddisfare la domanda in rapida crescita dai mercati ev / batterie.

Ultima modifica:
Periodo senza notizie eclatanti nel mondo della grafite e del grafene. Io aspetto con ansia la quotazione di Black Swan Graphene, di cui Mason Graphite detiene la maggioranza.
Per il resto c'è da segnalare che il prezzo del grafene è sempre indirizzato verso il basso.
Speriamo che la guerra in Ucraina finisca subito e si possa tornare a parlare di cose frivole come la grafite e il grafene.

Con tutti i prezzi delle materie prime che salgono impetuosamente, il prezzo del grafene sta invece letteralmente crollando.
Temo che la nostra Black Swan Graphene avrà un'accoglienza freddina il giorno in cui si presenterà in borsa. La previsione è per una quotazione tra la metà e la fine di aprile.
Davvero non c'è nulla di sicuro i borsa, anche le storie più promettenti riservano sgradite sorprese.

Northern Graphite Well Positioned to Benefit From
New Critical Minerals Developments in Ontario

March 30, 2022: Northern Graphite Corporation (NGC:TSX-V, NGPHF:OTCQB, FRA:ONG, XSTU:ONG) (the “Company” or “Northern”) is pleased to provide shareholders and investors with a summary and analysis of a number of important developments with respect to the critical minerals industry in the Province of Ontario. The Company believes that its Bissett Creek graphite deposit is the most advanced critical minerals development project in Ontario and accordingly, that it is well positioned to benefit. Graphite is the largest component in a lithium ion battery (“LiB”) and supply is currently dominated by China.

In mid March, the Ontario government announced the launch of a Critical Minerals Strategy, setting a five year roadmap to establish the province as a reliable global supplier of responsibly sourced critical minerals. The six pillars of the strategy include “growing domestic processing and creating resilient local supply chains” as well as “investing in critical minerals innovation, research and development.” This strategy seeks to leverage Ontario’s wealth of raw materials, close proximity to manufacturing plants and markets, and green hydroelectric power to facilitate the production of products with high ESG standards and low carbon footprints. These competitive advantages will enable the province to play a significant role in the development of a North American supply chain that isn’t dependant on raw materials from China.

On March 23 Stellantis and LG Energy Solution announced they will establish Canada’s first ever large scale production lithium-ion battery plant in Windsor, Ontario, investing over $5 billion dollars in the joint venture. The new Windsor plant will require approximately 60,000 tonnes per year (“tpy”) of natural graphite to reach its projected production capacity of 45 gigawatt hours (“GWH”) per year.

This news followed the announcement on March 16 that Honda will invest $1.4 billion to upgrade its Alliston, Ontario plant, with the 2023 Honda CR-V hybrid among the first models to be built. Honda plans to sell only zero emission vehicles in North America by 2040 and it will upgrade its other plants over the next 20 years.

LG Energy Solution recently announced two new projects in Michigan, just across the US border from Ontario. It is investing $1.7 billion to expand its LiB cell plant in Holland, Michigan and has a third joint venture with GM to build a $2.5 billion cell plant in the City of Lansing and Delta County, Michigan. Combined with the investment in Ontario, LG will have a collective LiB production capacity of 200 GWH in North America, requiring 250,000 tpy of graphite.

Bissett Creek is the nearest graphite deposit to these megafactories which provides the Company with a unique opportunity to deliver a secure, local, responsibly sourced supply of graphite. Testing has indicated that graphite from Bissett Creek is very well suited for the manufacture of high capacity, durable, long life lithium ion batteries. Bissett Creek is projected to produce 20,000 tonnes of graphite per year in phase 1 of development and has the resources to increase production to approximately 100,000 tpy as demand grows. Canada’s graphite production in 2020 was estimated to be only 10,000 tonnes.

“The move towards a green economy has been called a once in a lifetime opportunity and jurisdictions around the world are competing for the investment that is required and the jobs that will be created,” said Northern Graphite CEO, Greg Bowes. “Financial support from the Ontario government has been critical to attracting these EV and battery manufacturing plants to the province and it is essential that investment also flows into the mineral projects needed to supply them,” he added.

About the Bissett Creek Project

An independent study has rated Bissett Creek the highest margin graphite project in the world, including existing producing mines. This is due to its very high percentage of valuable large flake graphite, simple metallurgy and favorable location which provides ready access to equipment, supplies, labor, grid power, natural gas and markets.

The Bissett Creek deposit is located in the southern part of Canada between the cities of North Bay and Ottawa and 15 kms from the Trans Canada Highway. A full Feasibility Study has been completed for the construction of a graphite mine producing 20-25,000 tonnes per year of concentrate. Measured and indicated resources are sufficient to support a much higher rate of production and the Company is re-evaluating its development plans in light of the substantial growth in EV/battery markets. The results of this process are expected to be announced in the coming months.

la grafite è salita in cima ai pensieri di Biden che IERI ha firmato il DPA, comprendendola.
io ho in portafoglio WWR

Ancora un ritardo di un mese.

Northern Graphite Reports Nickel/Copper/Cobalt Assays
from South Okak Project

Provides Update on Imerys Transaction and Financing Extension

April 4, 2022: Northern Graphite Corporation (NGC:TSX-V, NGPHF:OTCQB, FRA:ONG, XSTU:ONG) (the “Company” or “Northern”) is pleased to provide assay results from its 2021 field season on the South Okak nickel/copper/cobalt property in Labrador. Rock samples were collected throughout the property, including 15 samples from historical drill core, and over 40 kilometers of high-resolution magnetometer data was acquired over two high priority target areas as part of the program.

A majority of the samples were taken from numerous gossans that are located on structures which cross-cut the main northwest trending suture that traverses through the area and also hosts the Voisey’s Bay deposits. Some of these gossans are over 2km in length and represent multiple exploration targets. One sample returned 1.1% Cu, 0.85% Ni and 0.13% Co and another 1.1% Cu, 0.43% Ni and .085% Co. As per the table below, a number of samples also exceeded 1.0% Ni equivalent. These are significant values given they were collected from highly weathered gossanous material.

Gregory Bowes, CEO commented: “The Voisey’s Bay deposits are contained within large, lower grade mineralized halos and this extensive, widespread mineralization is similar to what we are seeing at South Okak. Voisey’s Bay was discovered by sampling gossans which are generally lower grade than any mineralization lying below due to weathering.”

3D modeling of the ground magnetometer surveys has now been completed for the 1558 Zone and illustrates the value of a detailed reinterpretation of historical results. Reinterpretation of this zone along with newly acquired data from 2021 field work clearly indicates its untested potential (shown below). Modeling of other zones is on-going.

The Company has an option to earn up to an 80% interest in the South Okak project by spending $1.5 million over four years, together with certain cash payments and share issuances, as previously disclosed by the Company.

South Okak consists of 473 claims covering 11,825 hectares that are prospective for magmatic nickel sulphide deposits similar to Vale’s Voisey Bay Mine which is located 80 kilometers to the south. The South Okak area returned some of the best intersections outside of Voisey’s Bay in the 1990s but the area was not thoroughly explored as ownership was very fragmented and nickel prices subsequently declined. The South Okak area has now been consolidated into one land package for the first time. Accordingly, it can now be evaluated using a more complete understanding of the geological and structural controls of the Voisey’s Bay deposits and modern geophysical techniques.

South Okak Property

Selected 2021 Field Sampling Program Assay Results

Sample Copper Nickel Cobalt NiEq*
123749 1.050% 0.848% 0.130% 1.54%
123732 0.313% 0.971% 0.172% 1.51%
123748 0.603% 0.890% 0.134% 1.44%
123552 0.899% 0.738% 0.129% 1.38%
123563 0.243% 0.918% 0.147% 1.37%
123698 0.904% 0.559% 0.108% 1.15%
123690 0.535% 0.638% 0.124% 1.14%
123701 0.479% 0.609% 0.141% 1.13%
123741 1.060% 0.430% 0.085% 1.01%
123739 0.858% 0.465% 0.092% 1.00%
123643 0.313% 0.524% 0.114% 0.92%
123704 0.284% 0.526% 0.113% 0.91%
123571 0.345% 0.499% 0.088% 0.84%
123604 0.428% 0.378% 0.109% 0.80%
123639 0.355% 0.381% 0.110% 0.78%
123603 0.427% 0.351% 0.102% 0.76%
123637 0.497% 0.319% 0.098% 0.74%
123745 0.553% 0.343% 0.070% 0.71%
123665 0.466% 0.379% 0.065% 0.71%

*Based on a price of US$10/lb for Ni, US$3.50/lb for Cu and US$25/lb for Co.
For a complete table of sample results click here

Update on Imerys Transaction

Northern also announces that it has received another 30 day extension from the TSX Venture Exchange (the "TSXV") to close the final tranche of its private placement of subscription receipts (the “Private Placement”) being conducted in connection with the Company’s previously announced acquisition of the producing Lac des Iles graphite mine in Quebec and the Okanjande graphite deposit/Okorusu processing plant in Namibia (the “Transaction”) from subsidiaries of Imerys Group (“Imerys”). The final date for acceptance by the TSXV of the Private Placement has been extended to April 30, 2022. All parties are working diligently to complete the Transaction, as well as the related debt/royalty/stream financings with Sprott Group, as soon as practicable. Closing has proven to be more time consuming than anticipated due to complexities in structuring debt/royalty/stream financings in multiple jurisdictions and obtaining certain Namibian regulatory approvals for the Transaction and debt/stream financings. It is anticipated that the Transaction, the final tranche of the private placement and the debt/royalty/stream financings will close in the coming weeks.

E' un periodo senza notizie relative alle nostre aziende, quello appena trascorso.
Nelle prossime due settimane è prevista la quotazione di Black Swan Graphene; spero che abbia successo e che soprattutto Mason Graphite, che è il maggior azionista, ne benefici parecchio.
Il prezzo del grafene è sempre più basso, il che non gioca a favore della nostra BSG. Oggi siamo a 16€ al kg; la BSG prevede di avere costi di produzione di 5€ al kg, quindi abbiamo ancora un certo margine, ma molto meno di un mese fa quando il prezzo del grafene era a 30€ il kg.

Il mondo della grafite non ha ancora beneficiato della prospettata grande richiesta per la produzione delle batterie per auto elettriche.
Speriamo anche qui che il mondo si accorga delle nostre piccole aziende canadesi e così le loro quotazioni schizzino verso l'alto.

Indietro