Medvedtrader per utenti Directa e non.

Altre due immagini della piattaforma con la lista dei possibili indicatori per i grafici.

Ci sono per tutti i gusti:)
MT itasr.jpg
MTitas2.jpg
indicatori 1.png
indicatori 2.png

Ultima modifica:
Hi Medved,

could you please clarify how is possible to have a configuration to:

1) connect Medved to Amibroker with tick data to have n-tick and n-volume charts in Amibroker (not possible with IB datafeed)
2) send orders to Interactive Brokers
3) have n-tick and n-volume charts in Medved itself ---> which datafeed is needed?
4) n-tick and n-volume charts are supported in Medved?
5) is it possible to write custom indicators? If yes, which is the language?

I know that esignal and IQfeed are ok for that but are not supported by you, so what is the suggested datafeed for n-tick and n-volume charts?

thank in advance

Ultima modifica:
@merlin8121 - I am unable to open those attachments. Finanzaonline indicates that they are invalid
@bmm - I forgot to answer you about AmiBroker before. sorry.

1) We added an HTTP API that is compatable to QuoteTracker, so you can use AmiBroker with Medved Trader same as you could with QT. You do need to get an updated plug-in though. As for the granularity of the data, that would depend on the datafeed you use in MT.

2) Send orders to Interactive Brokers - sure. IB is supported

3 and 4) Medved Trader supports tick and volume charts and you can set the bar size to anything you want, not just the presets. You can use IB for it, though a tick by tick datafeed would be more accurate. Not sure why separate questions?

5) We do not support custom indicators yet, though they are supported internally, so we will release it in the future. Right now our existing indicators are plentiful and very configurable, and you can also use our "Paintbars" for further customization. The Paintbars can actually be used to draw a custom line indicator on the main chart. For more than that, would have to wait till we release custom indicators. Will be in C#, same as the paintbars and the new real-time scanner.

Datafeeds - that really depends on the markets. Directa supports US, Italian and other markets, so if you have an account there, that would work. You already know about Interactive Brokers.
Otherwise if you want a subscription datafeed, IQFeed right now is the best for US. Stockwatch and Money.net will also work. We plan to release QuoteMedia and are also going to start work on another one shortly which will support European markets.

Jerry Medved
Medved Trader

@merlin8121 - I am unable to open those attachments. Finanzaonline indicates that they are invalid

@bmm - I forgot to answer you about AmiBroker before. sorry.

1) We added an HTTP API that is compatable to QuoteTracker, so you can use AmiBroker with Medved Trader same as you could with QT. You do need to get an updated plug-in though. As for the granularity of the data, that would depend on the datafeed you use in MT.

2) Send orders to Interactive Brokers - sure. IB is supported

3 and 4) Medved Trader supports tick and volume charts and you can set the bar size to anything you want, not just the presets. You can use IB for it, though a tick by tick datafeed would be more accurate. Not sure why separate questions?

5) We do not support custom indicators yet, though they are supported internally, so we will release it in the future. Right now our existing indicators are plentiful and very configurable, and you can also use our "Paintbars" for further customization. The Paintbars can actually be used to draw a custom line indicator on the main chart. For more than that, would have to wait till we release custom indicators. Will be in C#, same as the paintbars and the new real-time scanner.

Datafeeds - that really depends on the markets. Directa supports US, Italian and other markets, so if you have an account there, that would work. You already know about Interactive Brokers.
Otherwise if you want a subscription datafeed, IQFeed right now is the best for US. Stockwatch and Money.net will also work. We plan to release QuoteMedia and are also going to start work on another one shortly which will support European markets.

Jerry Medved
Medved Trader

thanks for clarification

about granularity of data, could you please tell me which Eurex datafeeds supported by Medved are tick by tick based and with history backfill?

IQFeed is ok but quite expensive, IB is not ok, and the others (Directa, Stockwatch , Money.net, etc) ?

I understand that a n-tick or n-volume chart could be created even by a M1 datafeed but I would like to use a tick by tick based one to have more reliable charts

@jagui - Scanner - so far the feedback has been way beyond what we were expecting :)

one click trading on the charts - You can do that now. MT does not currently place stop loss automatically. you can add stop loss and Trailing Stop orders on any of the trading screens we support (Charting, DOM, Trade Ticket). We will be adding support for conditional orders in the future, but that will be for brokers that support it natively, at least at first.

Automated trading and complex conditionals are a bit further down the road, but the scripting work with the Scanner and Paintbars is basically building blocks for that.

Jerry Medved
Medved Trader

Thank you for your answer.

One click trading on the charts - if you keep the ribbon hidden, as it requires too much screen space, you need at least two clicks to open a trade from a chart, please correct me if I'm wrong. In MT I wrote a script that I drag&drop in a specific point in the chart, then this point becomes the stop loss, then position size is calculated based on the distance of the SL from the market price and account risk %, the trade is opened and SL and TP created automatically. If one day something like this will be possible in Medved Trader it would be great.

In the meantime, I think that Medved is still one of the best choices to trade stocks with IB, and I'm going to subscribe very soon.

Non sarebbe il caso di cambiare il titolo a questo thread per rendere chiaro di cosa si sta parlando. Comunque seguo la discussione.

in effetti il titolo è parecchio fuorviante, non fosse stato per un mio amico mi sarei perso la discussione

in effetti il titolo è parecchio fuorviante, non fosse stato per un mio amico mi sarei perso la discussione

Il titolo non era fuorviante, dal momento che è nato per informare in primo luogo gli utenti Directa della nuova possibilità di usufruire dell'integrazione di Medvedtrader (ho messo "e non" poichè anche altri broker hanno l'integrazione, ma era secondario).
IQfeed è il più economico tra i datafeed USA al momento, considerando il pacchetto che offrono(streaming fino a 500 titoli compresi più news ). A meno ci sarà probabilmente Quotemedia , che a breve lancerà il suo datafeed al pubblico (probabilmente il mese prossimo, dal momento che dovrebbero presentarlo a fine mese Conference Home ).

Ps: cmq ho chiesto al Mod di fare una modifica al titolo, aggiungendo Medvedtrader.

Ultima modifica:
One click trading on the charts - if you keep the ribbon hidden, as it requires too much screen space, you need at least two clicks to open a trade from a chart, please correct me if I'm wrong.
The "Buy" and "Sell" buttons in the ribbon menu have keyboard shortcuts (F2 for BUY, F3 for SELL for example). For others, hover the mouse over them to find out what they are. So it would take one keypress and one click.

The keyboard shortcuts are user-configurable, in Settings.

Ultima modifica:
As far as buy/sell - note that you can also put those buttons (or any other stuff from the ribbon) into the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) - which would make them show up on the caption even when the ribbon is closed. just right click on the button you want to add to the QAT and select "Add to Quick Access Toolbar". For example, look at this picture:
gallery-614851.png

the 4 trade buttons are shown in the caption (as well as some others). Now if you hide the ribbon, you still have access to the buttons. Same can be done on other MT windows as well

Eurex datafeeds - do not currently have datafeeds covering this other than Directa and Interactive Brokers. Stockwatch is for US and Canadian markets. Money.net is for US equity markets only. Will be adding some in the near future.

Eurex datafeeds - do not currently have datafeeds covering this other than Directa and Interactive Brokers. Stockwatch is for US and Canadian markets. Money.net is for US equity markets only. Will be adding some in the near future.

which is the granularity of Directa for eurex? Tick by tick like IQfeed or M1 like IB?

in case of tick by tick, how deep is the backfill?

PS IQfeed should have eurex too, am I wrong?

IQFeed - not sure. they may have
Directa - not sure about Level I - may be tick by tick (I would have to check during market hours). Backfill - you can get TICK data for current day. Otherwise OHLC

IQFeed - not sure. they may have
Directa - not sure about Level I - may be tick by tick (I would have to check during market hours). Backfill - you can get TICK data for current day. Otherwise OHLC

could you please do this check with Eurex open please?

Which eurex datafeed supported by medved are tick by tick based? How deep is their backfill?

thanks again

@bmm - Monday was extremely busy - didn't get a chance. I do not trade Eurex myself so not familiar with the different symbols. Can you give me some you want checked and I will do that.

Ultima modifica:
e' possibile programmare i propri indicatori con questa piatta?
o in alternativa almeno combinare gli indicatori tra di loro?
grazie.
seguo.

Medved Trader does not currently have custom indicators, though internally everything is setup for it. Just need to do the User Interface for it. It does however have hundreds of built in indicators, and those are very configurable. Also, MT does have user defined "Paintbars" which is similar to indicators - lets you do custom formulas based on quote data or indicators on a symbol and use the results to either color the candles, draw or mark up the chart or do alerts. Same scripts will be used for the real-time scanner that will be released in the next beta. Will probably do custom alerts after that, and then look at the custom indicators.

As far as combining - not directly supported, though most of the indicators have things like MA on the indicator already built in as an option. If there is something intersting you want added, just drop us an email and we may be able to just add it for you.

grazie, la provero' appena disponibile con i dati directa.

grazie, la provero' appena disponibile con i dati directa.

La release definitiva per usarla con Directa è già disponibile nel sito Medvedtrader; devi abilitare l'uso delle api dal sito di Directa la setti ed è pronta all'uso (devi avere almeno la barra di comando della Darwin2 funzionando per poterla usare coi dati Directa).Medvedtrader v.jpg

Medvedtrader Z.jpg

Ultima modifica:
@bmm - Monday was extremely busy - didn't get a chance. I do not trade Eurex myself so not familiar with the different symbols. Can you give me some you want checked and I will do that.

dax or bund jun17 is ok

don't worry, take your time

Ultima modifica:
Indietro