InterDigital (NASDAQ:IDCC) selling packages of patents - Financial Times

antonioac

Nuovo Utente
Punti reazioni
InterDigital (NASDAQ:IDCC) is once again exploring a sale of its patents, two industry sources briefed on the matter told dealReporter.

The Pennsylvania-based wireless technology company announced in January it had concluded a strategic review that began in July 2011. The process stalled because of the gap between buyer and seller’s price expectations, this news service previously reported.

For the current talks, InterDigital has split its patent portfolio into separate bundles to appeal to more buyers, the first source said. As in the strategic review, Evercore is acting as InterDigital’s financial advisor, said one of the sources. This source added the current process is late into the first round of bidding.

A person close to InterDigital said the focus is on the sale of bundles of patents, but if a buyer were to emerge for the entire company, the board would consider such an offer.

Evercore did not return a request for comment.

The two sources said InterDigital appeared to be less ambitious on valuation this time around. Its expectations last year for the whole company were buoyed by the high price paid for Nortel’s intellectual property assets.

An industry banker said he expected the portfolio would attract serious bids because of the interest among large technology companies -- such as Google (NASDAQ: GOOG), Samsung (NASDAQ: SSNLF), and Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) -- seeking to protect their businesses from patent litigation.

InterDigital’s market capitalization currently stands at USD 1.44bn.

Source : Financial Times

William Blair & Co. Report (8/23/2012) - initiates coverage of IDCC : wirelessledger.com/WilliamBlair_initiates_IDCC_and_VHC_08_23_2012.pdf

InterDigital, Inc.(NASDAQ:IDCC) has finally started to rally and broke out of the consolidation that the stock had been stuck under for the last 2 weeks. It has breached two important levels at 33.08 and 33.33 quite convincingly. I see the next resistance in the 34.20-34.35 area. A move above this area would be viewed very bullish and could cause a huge short squeeze. There are some reasons to start taking an active look at this stock as I have been mentioned several times in my blog posts.

- The volume chart from OBV has been on an upside indicating strength.
- The MACD is above 0 showing positive momentum but displaying first signs of divergence between column bars and the trend line.
- RSI is on a comfortable zone.
- Trading above both 13 & 50 day moving averages moving upwards
- It has been making higher lows since June.
- 13.8% short or 6.1 M & might see a good squeeze above its 200-SMA
- High short ratio 11.10

From a technical standpoint the potential for further upside looks far more attractive on purely relative terms. Honestly, I like what I am seeing...Additionally, the company continues being mentioned in the news regularly as a strong potential buyout candidate. This is definitely a stock to watch next week.

Full article : Good looking setups to watch next week

sc.png

InterDigital, Inc. (NASDAQ:IDCC) closed slightly below its 200-day moving average of $34.22 with a closing price today of $34.19. In the short-term chart, we have a turning up of Stochastic indicator showing positive signal and the MACD is also sloping up again confirming the Sto’s signal. The nearest trend is in favour of Bulls and IDCC has room to go higher. The accumulation over the past weeks has shown funds moving into the company and moved share prices upward. Today’s high was $34.39, which is resistance for the follow through move. If the stock can break through this level, expect to see heavy volume drive the stock higher. Also watch out for other resistance levels at $34.74 and 35.18. As I said on twitter I increased my long position once again today. I feel confident enough in the company especially after Apple's court victory over Samsung Electronics. InterDigital owns more than 8.600 patents and has an additional 10.000 on application. The patents cover a broad variety of wireless and wire line communication, including 2G, 3G, 4G, and LTE, as well as IEEE 802.

sc.png

The stock has a clear key resistance line just above the 36 level, which it is approaching having gained 43 cents or more than 1.23% today, to 35.51. A move above 36.04 would confirm the breakout, with an initial target of 38.40 and secondary target of 40.68. Stop is at 33.65. The uptrend is definitely intact, awesome medium-term hold. The lows are rising and even the peaks are nudging up and up. Additionally, technical indicators are giving positive signals as the stock trades above the 200-SMA. The RSI is also rising after having found support near its previous lows. I believe the stock can continue its medium-term uptrend and test the $40 levels in the coming weeks. With over a short interest of 6.14 Million shares and average daily volume of only 770K, the short interest ratio is at 7.9, meaning it would take 8 days for all the shares short to be covered. Any type of good news related with a potential patent sale could launch a wicked short squeeze capable of adding a 20%-25% gain to the shares in a matter of minutes as we saw last month. Keep IDCC on the radar like a HAWK lol !!

sc.png

We're on the verge of a possible breakout in the shares of InterDigital, Inc.(NASDAQ:IDCC). The stock finished the day up 7.12% on huge volume of over 1.7 million of shares exchanging hands on the day, after the S&P Dow Jones Indices said that the company will replace Quest Software in the S&P MidCap 400. I'm watching IDCC again as the stock looks to be setting up for a big upside move. The technical chart shows possible new rally as %K line is back above %D line developing new uptrend.and with stock back above 20-day moving average we should see more upside coming. It will also set up a possible golden cross. The key resistance level to watch tomorrow is at $36.11. Watching for possible breakout there.

sc.png

Poised to breakout to the UPSIDE !!

sc.png

This stock broke out in a big way today on great volume. I think we'll see some nice follow through tomorrow. This was a $50 stock less than 12 months ago. Could it happen again ? We'll soon find out. With almost 15% of the float short, this stock is due for a big move higher. They need to buy back stock to profit from their bets which only adds fuel to the "FIRE". The next resistance area is around the mid $40 range. Stoch & RSI have room to upside.

sc.png

On Friday the stock surged nearly 1% to $37.27 per share while technical indicators still show the stock will continue to go up. The MACD shows again buy signal as MACD back above signal line and suggests that a short term bottom is already in place. Stochastic is also showing buy signal with %K line above %D line. SMAs are moving up. RSI is moving up & above its 50% level. The accumul/distrib line shows a significant uptrend which means the stock has been under heavy accumulation for three days now. To those who took the chance at $33 on my blog posts and tweets, congratulations !!! I still believe based on daily and weekly momentum that the potential is there for further gains.

sc.png

direi che oltre che graficamente il sentiment su questo titolo mi pare buono ... in virtù anche del business relativo alla tecnologia 4G che stanno sviluppando ... potrebbe regalare sorprese

I had InterDigital, Inc. (NASDAQ:IDCC) on my watchlist a few times this month and today it broke out in impressive fashion on volume expansion. I believe we'll see some nice follow through tomorrow. This was a stock that ran from these current prices to over $70 a share not long ago. From a technical standpoint the stock looks very strong with both 20-day and 50-day moving average going up while MACD is crossing up its signal and %K line is on top of %D line. I suspect the stock may continue to appreciate over the coming days.

sc.png

InterDigital, Inc. (NASDAQ:IDCC) chart looks very good. Accumulation continues to trend higher despite recent pullback. Looks ready to test the recent highs. Next resistance level to watch 43.08

sc.png

I've been bringing InterDigital, Inc.(NASDAQ:IDCC) to my readers the last few months and the stock is again on the verge of a possible breakout. For the coming week, watchout for a possible breakout over $43.09 which is the previous high. Based on a technical perspective the stock shows very strong bullish sign. First of all, the stock is trading above 20/50-day and 200-day moving average with all major moving averages pointing upwards. Then the daily MACD indicator is back above signal line also indicating a buy. In addition, KD line still show the stock is on the positive swing. The short interest remains high at over 13 percent and shorts will need more than 9 days to cover. So, if it breaks above the 43.09 level then a squeeze definitely will happen. I'll be watching the stock again on Monday for a possible Breakout.

sc.png

InterDigital, Inc. (NASDAQ:IDCC) continues to consolidate between the 43 and 45 price level. Breakout on either side on closing basis may give good direction. 50-day SMA continue to act as support for the stock during this consolidaiton.

Few Potential setups for next week

sc.png

Indietro