Farmaceutico USA

Pfizer Names Ian Read CEO After Kindler Steps Down - Bloomberg

Pfizer Inc., the world’s biggest drugmaker, named Ian C. Read chief executive officer as the company prepares to face generic competition to its top-selling cholesterol treatment Lipitor.
Read, 57, the head of Pfizer’s global biopharmaceutical operations since 2006, replaces Jeffrey B. Kindler, who has retired, the New York-based company said in a statement yesterday. Kindler, 55, was named CEO on July 28, 2006. Since then, the shares have fallen 35 percent to $16.73, as of Dec. 3 in New York Stock Exchange trading.
Pfizer will lose patent protection in the U.S. next year for Lipitor, which had $11.4 billion in sales last year. While the drugmaker moved to make up for the loss by paying $68 billion last year to acquire Wyeth, adding the Enbrel arthritis treatment and Prevnar pneumonia vaccine, it also has had four setbacks this year in developing its research pipeline.
“It hasn’t been an easy ride for him,” Les Funtleyder, a Miller Tabak & Co. portfolio manager in New York, said of Kindler, in a telephone interview. “The stock has underperformed. Pharma in general and Pfizer in particular have had a tough couple of years.”
Both Funtleyder and Tim Anderson, an analyst with Sanford C. Bernstein & Co. in San Francisco, said they think the shares will rise as a result of the change.
‘Likely Pushed’
“The departure is sudden but I doubt there was one event per se that caused Kindler’s” retirement, Anderson said in an e- mail. It is “highly likely he was pushed.”
Ray Kerins, a Pfizer spokesman, declined to comment on the timing of the changeover.
Last month, Pfizer and Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. halted a trial of their experimental blood thinner, apixaban, after an increase in bleeding outweighed benefits for patients who recently suffered a heart attack or severe chest pain. The treatment was being tested to prevent heart complications in patients with a condition known as acute coronary syndrome.
In March, the company said its experimental Alzheimer’s drug Dimebon, which analysts said could have generated $5 billion in annual sales, failed to help patients in a late-stage test. That same month, Sutent, approved for kidney and stomach cancers, failed in two studies to shrink breast tumors, and the experimental drug figitumumab didn’t help lung cancer patients.
“The combination of meeting the requirements of our many stakeholders around the world and the 24/7 nature of my responsibilities, has made this period extremely demanding on me personally,” Kindler said in a statement. “I am excited at the opportunity to recharge my batteries.”

Ciao Paolo :), stavo proprio per postare la notizia anche io! :bow:

Kindler dopo aver fatto più danni della grandine licenziando a uffa migliaglia di lavoratori, facendo una giga acquisizione molto discutibile aumentando il debito, diluendo gli azionisti e quindi diminuendo il dividendo se ne va una decina di mesi prima della scadenza del patent sul Lipitor, un gentiluomo! :D

In a statement issued by the company on Sunday, Kindler said: "The combination of meeting the requirements of our many stakeholders around the world and the 24/7 nature of my responsibilities, has made this period extremely demanding on me personally."

E si, ti sei adoperato fino troppo per la società:clap:, grafico Pfizer contro indice farmaceutico nella sua "tenuta":cool::

Ciao Paolo :), stavo proprio per postare la notizia anche io! :bow:

Kindler dopo aver fatto più danni della grandine licenziando a uffa migliaglia di lavoratori, facendo una giga acquisizione molto discutibile aumentando il debito, diluendo gli azionisti e quindi diminuendo il dividendo se ne va una decina di mesi prima della scadenza del patent sul Lipitor, un gentiluomo! :D

In a statement issued by the company on Sunday, Kindler said: "The combination of meeting the requirements of our many stakeholders around the world and the 24/7 nature of my responsibilities, has made this period extremely demanding on me personally."

E si, ti sei adoperato fino troppo per la società:clap:, grafico Pfizer contro indice farmaceutico nella sua "tenuta":cool::

Si sa, Sciarc fa il cacciatore di teste, ovvero individua i peggiori CEO di ogni settore (Wagoner di GM, questo...).

Purtroppo non se ne rende conto, e ci investe long... :p

CEO pensionato, sostituito da uno più vecchio di due anni, non gli hanno neanche lasciato la soddisfazione di dire: lascio spazio ai giovani.... :D

OT, tempo fa avevo letto questo, poi ho visto il tuo 3d: (nessuna posizione, trovo interessante il commento: Really stupid. Or really corrupt.)

Bronte Capital: China Media Express: A Wall Street drama

Si sa, Sciarc fa il cacciatore di teste, ovvero individua i peggiori CEO di ogni settore (Wagoner di GM, questo...).

Purtroppo non se ne rende conto, e ci investe long... :p

CEO pensionato, sostituito da uno più vecchio di due anni, non gli hanno neanche lasciato la soddisfazione di dire: lascio spazio ai giovani.... :D

(...)

Caro "coniglio tigrotto" lotofago e irriverente ... ti sbagli per l'ennesima volta e diffondi notizie false e tendenziose ... ! :o

Se ti fossi preso la briga di rileggere tutto il thread su Pfizer da me creato ... beh, ti saresti accorto che negli ultimi 2 anni sono entrato e uscito dal titolo un paio di volte con discrete plusvalenze e ricche cedolone ... :yes:

Attualmente, sono di nuovo investito in Pfizer sul TLX in valuta euro ed il mio pmc è praticamente allineato a quello di mercato ... Nel frattempo, ho incassato regolarmente per 3-4 trimestri le ghiotte cedole in progress ... ! OK!

Insomma, un tranquillo investimento da cassetto dinamico che ha già reso plusvalenze e dividendi ... e continua a rendere bei denari sonanti ... !!! :)

E tu che combini di bello sui mercati ... oltre a bighellonare nei forum e fare il solito sarcasmo inconcludente ...!? :cool:

Pfizer CEO Kindler Quits After Stock Underperforms 97% of S&P
By Tom Randall

Dec 6, 2010 - Bloomberg

Pfizer Inc.’s chief executive officer Jeffrey Kindler left the top post at the world’s biggest drugmaker yesterday after the company’s stock underperformed its rivals over the 4 1/2 years of his tenure.

Pfizer’s price-earnings ratio for the past year is lower than 91 percent of pharmaceutical industry peers and below 97 percent of companies in the Standard & Poor’s 500 index, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Kindler, 55, finishes at a low point; Pfizer’s price-earnings ratio in 2010 is 7.3, lower than the annual average for each year he’s been in charge.

The stock has dropped 35 percent since Kindler was named CEO just prior to a 2006 announcement that Pfizer’s most promising compound, the torcetrapib cholesterol pill, failed to help patients in a study. The company had spent $1 billion to develop the drug. Pfizer bought Wyeth in 2009 for $68 billion to add products to overcome lost sales when the Lipitor cholesterol pill, with $11.4 billion in sales, faces generic competition.

“Investors have not been happy about the stock price,” said Les Funtleyder, a portfolio manager at Miller Tabak & Co. in New York, in a telephone interview. “Could he have done better? Yeah. He could have focused on buying more innovative, smaller companies.”

Pfizer rose 6 cents, or less than a percent, to $16.78 in New York Stock Exchange composite trading at 9:31 a.m. The stock had dropped 9.6 percent in the 12 months before today.

Read’s New Role

Kindler’s successor as chief, Ian C. Read, first joined Pfizer as an operations auditor in 1978, and has been the head of the global biopharmaceutical operations since 2006. Read, 57, must convince investors that the company can continue to internally develop innovative drugs with billions in annual sales, Funtleyder said.

Pfizer’s most promising experimental drugs include a pill for rheumatoid arthritis called tasocitinib and a treatment called crizotinib for a segment of patients with lung cancer. The drugs combined will have sales of about $2.3 billion by 2016, according to two analysts surveyed by Bloomberg. Pfizer is also partnering with Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. on an experimental blood thinner called apixaban.

Kindler’s “forte was not the pharmaceutical landscape, and I think with Ian Read, you get a pharmaceutical lifer,” said Manoj Garg, an analyst at Soleil Securities Corp.

Funtleyder and Garg said the change should be viewed favorably by investors.

Including invested dividends, Pfizer’s stock has declined 20 percent since Kindler was named CEO on July 28, 2006, compared with a return of 10 percent for the S&P 500 Pharmaceutical Index, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Pfizer halved its dividend after the Wyeth acquisition.

Pfizer faces generic competition over the next five years on products with $20 billion in annual sales, or almost a third of the company’s annual revenue. To cut costs, Kindler has fired more than 14,000 workers, closed research labs and manufacturing plants.

:mmmm: :rolleyes:

Ultima modifica:
Pfizer CEO Kindler Quits After Stock Underperforms 97% of S&P
:cool:

ti sei reso conto vero che hai appena citato un articolo in cui viene ricordato che solo il 3% delle aziende dello S&P è riuscito a fare peggio del genio di cui ci hai tessuto le lodi finora? :cool: :censored:

Se ti fossi preso la briga di rileggere tutto il thread su Pfizer da me creato ... beh, ti saresti accorto che negli ultimi 2 anni sono entrato e uscito dal titolo un paio di volte con discrete plusvalenze e ricche cedolone ... :yes:

dimentico sempre che tu guadagni sempre e comunque, come con le obbligazioni GM (da 88 a zero, e tu che guadagnavi long... :D)

purtroppo io seguo i consigli di Warren, tu sei un fenomeno di un altro pianeta, capace di saltare ogni ostacolo sul tuo cammino... :p

I don't look to jump over 7-foot bars: I look around for 1-foot bars that I can step over.

E tu che combini di bello sui mercati ... oltre a bighellonare nei forum e fare il solito sarcasmo inconcludente ...!? :cool:

Ho chiuso diverse posizioni, fatto le pulizie di Natale nel portafoglio, in previsione dell'anno nuovo, lasciando solo 3 investimenti aperti, ed adesso mi vado a fare qualche giorno di vacanza a Londra. :yes:

Devo dire che il 2010 si chiude su WS con tutti i mesi in positivo, un anno probabilmente irripetibile. Qualche errore ovviamente c'è stato, ma avercene di bilanci così... OK! (ovviamente ti posto il P/L mensile di Directa se vuoi, no problem. Io parlo di guadagni reali, non dei tuoi "virtuali e millantati"... :cool:).

Buon Natale, sciarc... :bye:

ti sei reso conto vero che hai appena citato un articolo in cui viene ricordato che solo il 3% delle aziende dello S&P è riuscito a fare peggio del genio di cui ci hai tessuto le lodi finora? :cool: :censored:

Certamente! Io sono abbastanza obiettivo nel postare le news ...
Tuttavia, ho sbagliato a inserire l'iconcina in fondo per consuetudine inveterata ... ! :cool:

dimentico sempre che tu guadagni sempre e comunque, come con le obbligazioni GM (da 88 a zero, e tu che guadagnavi long... :D)

Non sempre e cmq, ma abbastanza sovente ...! :yes:
Diversi titoli mi fanno guadagnare subito, altri nel medio termine, altri ancora nel lungo periodo ... Naturalmente, esistono anche nel mio portafoglio dei "titoli maledetti" e non ne faccio mistero ... Ma, grazie alla diversificazione assai spinta, hanno incidenza modestissima ...!
:)

purtroppo io seguo i consigli di Warren, tu sei un fenomeno di un altro pianeta, capace di saltare ogni ostacolo sul tuo cammino... :p

Anche Tu sei un fenomeno alieno nel tuo genere ... un "coniglio tigrotto lotofago" che abita sull'altra faccia della Luna ... ! :D

I don't look to jump over 7-foot bars: I look around for 1-foot bars that I can step over.

Ho chiuso diverse posizioni, fatto le pulizie di Natale nel portafoglio, in previsione dell'anno nuovo, lasciando solo 3 investimenti aperti, ed adesso mi vado a fare qualche giorno di vacanza a Londra. :yes:

Bravo ! :cool:

Devo dire che il 2010 si chiude su WS con tutti i mesi in positivo, un anno probabilmente irripetibile. Qualche errore ovviamente c'è stato, ma avercene di bilanci così... OK! (ovviamente ti posto il P/L mensile di Directa se vuoi, no problem. Io parlo di guadagni reali, non dei tuoi "virtuali e millantati"... :cool:).

Credi pure quel che vuoi ...?! Le tracce oggettive del mio operare sono sparse ovunque nel FOL ...
Cmq, a me interessa di più guadagnare, anzichè ostentare ...?!
:cool:

Buon Natale, sciarc... :bye:

Buon Natale Paolo ... :cool:

è proprio il motivo per cui è impossibile pensarti in gain... :D :p

"Coniglio tigrotto" Tu fai sempre e solo riferimento alla vicenda bond GM ... sulla quale la mia esposizione è modestissima come pure il mio pmc ... come sai bene ... Che noiosissima querelle ... ?! :rolleyes:
Una volta tanto, prova a spaziare sui thread che ho aperto negli ultimi 36 mesi ... e allora potrai fare una valutazione più oggettiva ... ! :cool:
Open your mind ...!
:o

come vedi l'atmosfera natalizia mi rende più buono... :o

Ma che vai a fare a Londra ... !? :confused:

Tenti una full immersion nella lingua delle inglesine ... !? :D

Una volta tanto, prova a spaziare sui thread che ho aperto negli ultimi 36 mesi ...

restando allo S&P, hai pompato GM, l'unica azienda dell'indice che è riuscita a fallire nel dopoguerra, e questa, che come ci hai postato fa parte di quel prestigioso 5% che ha ottenuto i peggiori risultati... :D - ed è inutile che cambi le faccine, faresti meglio a studiarti un po' di Inglese per capire quello che posti... :p

Ma che vai a fare a Londra ... !? :confused:

converrai che non tutto si può postare su un forum... :cool:

Allegati

• P1000290.jpg
    P1000290.jpg
    126,3 KB · Visite: 15
Buyback, il dividendo potrebbe sollevare stock Pfizer: Barron's

Un riacquisto di azioni grandi o un dividendo aumentato potevano sollevare Pfizer parti Inc a 25 dollari il prossimo anno, e del pensionamento della ex amministratore delegato Jeff Kindler dà anche Pfizer l'occasione per gettare le attività, Barron's ha detto nel suo 13 Dicembre edizione

Buyback, dividend could lift Pfizer stock: Barron's | Reuters

Buyback, il dividendo potrebbe sollevare stock Pfizer: Barron's

Un riacquisto di azioni grandi o un dividendo aumentato potevano sollevare Pfizer parti Inc a 25 dollari il prossimo anno, e del pensionamento della ex amministratore delegato Jeff Kindler dà anche Pfizer l'occasione per gettare le attività, Barron's ha detto nel suo 13 Dicembre edizione

Buyback, dividend could lift Pfizer stock: Barron's | Reuters

Ne vedremo presto delle belle ... ! :cool:

Arrivare a $25 mi sembra tantino, ma una scappatina sopra i 20 ci sta :yes:
Adesso che se n'è andato il CEO il titolo è libero di muoversi a rialzo :p

... e intanto alza il dividendo da 0,18 a 0,20 OK!

complimenti ancora ai rami R&D e acquisti. Ennesimo bidone. Riuscirà un giorno ad uscire un farmaco decenti da quei laboratori?

Pfizer Drug Withdrawn from Market - Yahoo! Finance

Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE - News) recently announced its decision to voluntarily withdraw its pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) drug, Thelin, from the market. The company decided to withdraw Thelin based on a review of safety information on the drug from clinical studies and post-marketing reports.

Although Thelin was not recommended for use in patients who have mild to severe problems with their liver or raised levels of some liver enzymes, Pfizer said that a new potentially life-threatening idiosyncratic risk of liver injury has been associated with the use of Thelin.

Thelin, which became a part of Pfizer’s portfolio with the company’s June 2008 acquisition of Encysive Pharmaceuticals Inc., is currently approved in the EU, Australia and Canada. Based on Pfizer’s decision, the product will be withdrawn from all three markets. The company also said that it is discontinuing all clinical studies with the candidate.

Pfizer had initiated a phase III study with Thelin in late 2008 to address concerns raised by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) about the product’s efficacy. The FDA had issued three approvable letters for the candidate.

Competitors like Actelion (Other OTC: ALIOF.PK - News), Gilead (NasdaqGS: GILD - News) and United Therapeutics (NasdaqGS: UTHR - News) should benefit from the withdrawal of Thelin.

Neutral on Pfizer

We currently have a Neutral recommendation on Pfizer, which is supported by a Zacks #3 Rank (short-term “Hold” recommendation). While Wyeth brings with it an attractive biologics platform and some complementary products and businesses, we do not believe they are enough to sustain long-term top-line growth.

We see the merger as mostly an opportunity for Pfizer to cut additional costs. Longer-term growth will be dependent on the success of drug development. Pfizer’s recent track record with pipeline development has been poor.

The Lipitor patent expiration in 2011 remains a big concern. Lipitor contributed almost 23% to the top-line in 2009 with sales coming in at $11.4 billion. The entry of generic versions of the product will have a significant impact on the company’s financials. The loss of patent exclusivity over the coming years will make it challenging for the company to drive top-line growth.

Oltre 70 anni di dividendi trimestrali ...

... e intanto alza il dividendo da 0,18 a 0,20 OK!

NEW YORK, Dec. 13, 2010 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --
The board of directors of Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) today declared a 20-cent first-quarter 2011 dividend on the company's common stock, payable March 1, 2011, to shareholders of record at the close of business on February 4, 2011. Pfizer increased the dividend by approximately 11%, to 20 cents from 18 cents per share.

"This dividend increase is a testament to our commitment to enhance shareholder value and reflects continued confidence in our business," said Ian Read, Pfizer President and Chief Executive Officer. "While the dividend level remains a decision of the board and will continue to be evaluated in the context of future business performance, barring significant unforeseen events, we continue to target a dividend payout ratio comparable to the current industry average of approximately 40% in about three years."

The first-quarter 2011 cash dividend will be the 289th consecutive quarterly dividend paid by Pfizer.

Ultima modifica:
a cosa dobbiamoi volumi monstre di ieri?

a cosa dobbiamoi volumi monstre di ieri?

Che dire ...?! :cool:

Aumentano i volumi e il titolo sale perchè i bilanci continuano ad essere buoni, aumenta il fatturato, aumentano i dividendi, etc... :yes:

E infine, è nella normale natura delle cose che, dopo i ribassi generalizzati e catastrofici dei mercati nel periodo 2007-09, ora tutto si risollevi e continuerà a sollevarsi fino a raggiungere livelli più congrui con la situazione economica settoriale e/o globale ... :)

In finanza vale sempre la medesima regola ... " Compra la paura e vendi l'euforia ...! "
Ma questo principio è valido proprio perchè la stragrande maggioranza degli investitori, piccoli e grandi, non lo applica mai ... e anzi sorgono ad ogni ribasso delle Cassandre e dei Soloni che predicano la fuga a gambe levate ... ?! :rolleyes:

Ultima modifica:
si però i bilanci erano gli stessi anche la settimana scorsa, mentre ultimamente i volumi sono sui 43 milioni al giorno, ieri oltre i 115, quasi 3 volte.

si però i bilanci erano gli stessi anche la settimana scorsa, mentre ultimamente i volumi sono sui 43 milioni al giorno, ieri oltre i 115, quasi 3 volte.

Qualche fondo sta facendo il pieno sulla scorta di informazioni riservate ...!? :mmmm:

Indietro