NEM - Newmont Mining Corporation (NYSE:NEM)

NewMont Mining

Ciao.
ho acquistato NewMont Mining (NEM.N) a 58 sulla trendiline che poi è stata rotta.
Qualcuno segue la società? Mi sapete dire se vale la pena tenere il titolo (l'incidenza sul capitale è molto bassa ma vorrei un'opinione)?

Purtroppo non avevo lo stop loss :wall:

Adesso è in ipervenduto, aspetta un rimbalzino (magari 56$) e cerca di limitare le perdite.

NEM come tutti i gold miners è molto sensibile alle prospettive di aprezzamento del metallo giallo sottostante.

Fino a l'autunno scorso il trend tecnico era solido in rialzo.
Adesso cominciano a sorgere dubbi e a fine febbraio c'è stata una brutta botta al ribasso che non preannuncia niente di buono.

Così molti fondi che prima erano sovrapesati nel settore hanno cominciato a vendere pesantemente. E' un momentaccio per il settore... :censored:

Grazie mille!
Imposto l'ordine.

hai ragione molti fondi da carmignac a Black rock hanno venduto il titolo

ieri sera ho preso delle nem a 50,5 credo che di qui possa mettere in atto un discreto rimbalzo

Ottima entrata , iOS segnalo anche IAG KGC e mi piace anche AAU a 2,50$

usciti ieri sera i dati in linea con le attese (1,15 vs 1,14 est) il dato cmq è buono considerato che il titolo è sceso moltissimo .
IN pre passa a 49, resto cmq molto positivo sul titolo alla luce del fatto che il gold dopo la fase di consolidamento potrebbe avere upside grazie anche all'indebolimento del dollaro che sembra aver perso appeal come safe haven

balza a 51,5 ma credo nel breve abbia spazio fino a 55.Non c'è verso il gold è l'unico strumento per tenere sotto controllo la cupidigia dei politici che attraverso il debito e la carta cercano di conquistarsi il potere ad oltranza.
Quando e se scoppiera la crisi del debito americano ne vedremo delle belle.

Au2❤12&More(Frattali.Frattaglie.Frittate .Franchige.Franchi.Futures.Féssy)

N E M

Newmont Mining Corporation (Newmont), incorporated in 1921 [GREENWOOD VILLAGE - CO], is a gold producer. The Company’s operating segments include North America, South America, Asia Pacific and Africa. Its North America segment consists primarily of Nevada in the United States, La Herradura in Mexico and Hope Bay in Canada. Its South America segment consists primarily of Yanacocha and Conga in Peru. Its Asia Pacific segment consists primarily of Boddington in Australia, Batu Hijau in Indonesia and other smaller operations in Australia and New Zealand. Its Africa segment consists primarily of Ahafo and Akyem in Ghana. At December 31, 2011, Newmont had attributable proven and probable gold reserves of 98.8 million ounces and an aggregate land position of approximately 31,500 square miles (81,500 square kilometers). Newmont is also engaged in the production of copper, principally through its Batu Hijau operation in Indonesia and Boddington operation in Australia. On April 6, 2011, the Company completed the acquisition of Fronteer Gold Inc. (Fronteer).
North America
The Company has been mining gold in Nevada. Nevada operations include Carlin, located west of the city of Elko on the geologic feature known as the Carlin Trend, the Phoenix mine, located 10 miles south of Battle Mountain; the Twin Creeks mine, located approximately 15 miles north of Golconda, and the Midas mine near the town of the same name. The Company also participates in the Turquoise Ridge joint venture with a subsidiary of Barrick Gold Corporation (Barrick), which utilizes mill capacity at Twin Creeks. Gold production from Nevada was approximately 1.7 million ounces during the year ended December 31, 2011, with ore mined from seven open pit and eight underground mines. At December 31, 2011, it reported 34.7 million ounces of gold reserves in Nevada, with 77% of those ounces in open pit mines and 23% in underground mines. The Company is advancing several development opportunities in Nevada, including Long Canyon.
The Nevada operations produce gold from a variety of ore types requiring different processing techniques depending on economic and metallurgical characteristics. The Company owns, or controls through long-term mining leases and unpatented mining claims, all of the minerals and surface area within the boundaries of the Nevada mining operations (except for the Turquoise Ridge joint venture). The long-term leases extend for at least the anticipated mine life of those deposits. With respect to a portion of the Gold Quarry mine at Carlin, it pays a royalty equivalent to 16.2% of the mineral production. It wholly own or control the remainder of the Gold Quarry mineral rights, in some cases subject to additional royalties. With respect to certain smaller deposits in Nevada, it is obligated to pay royalties on production to third parties that vary from 1% to 8% of production.
The Company has a 25% interest in a joint venture with Barrick in the Turquoise Ridge mine. Newmont has an agreement to provide up to 2,000 tons per day of milling capacity at Twin Creeks to the joint venture. Barrick is the operator of the joint venture. In 2011, the gold production of 44,000 ounces gold were attributable to Newmont, based on its 25% ownership interest. It had ore sale agreements with Yukon-Nevada Gold Corporation (Yukon-Nevada) and Barrick to process the Company’s ore.
The Company has a 44% interest in the La Herradura joint venture and related gold properties (Herradura, Soledad-Dipolos and Noche Buena), which are located in Mexico’s Sonora desert. La Herradura is operated by Fresnillo PLC (which owns the remaining 56% interest) and comprises open pit operations with run-of-mine heap leach processing. Herradura is located in Sonara, Mexico. Soledad-Dipolos is located nine kilometers northwest of Herradura. Noche Buena is located 23 kilometers northwest of Herradura. La Herradura produced 212,000 attributable ounces of gold in 2011, and at December 31, 2011, it reported 2.3 million attributable ounces of gold reserves.
South America
The properties of Minera Yanacocha S.R.L. (MYSRL) include the mining operations at Yanacocha and the Conga project. It hold a 51.35% interest in MYSRL. Yanacocha is located approximately 375 miles (604 kilometers) north of Lima and 30 miles (48 kilometers) north of the city of Cajamarca, in Peru. Yanacocha has active open pit mines at Cerro Yanacocha, La Quinua and Chaquicocha, and in 2011, mining operations were reinitiated at Maqui Maqui and Carachugo. Yanacocha’s gold production for 2011 was 1.3 million ounces (728,000 attributable ounces) and at December 31, 2011, it reported four million attributable ounces of gold reserves.
The Conga project is located within close proximity of existing operations at Yanacocha. In July 2011, the project progressed infrastructure works, earthworks construction, drilling, detailed engineering and procurement of equipment and materials. Construction activities were suspended on November 30, 2011. It hold a 46.94% interest in La Zanja, a gold mine near the city of Cajamarca, Peru. The site consists of two small open pits and one oxide leach pad. La Zanja produced 64,000 attributable gold ounces in 2011 and at December 31, 2011, it reported 0.3 million attributable ounces of gold reserves. It hold a 50% interest in the Merian gold project, a joint venture with a subsidiary of Alcoa. It will earn an 80% interest on completion of the feasibility study, which commenced in the third quarter of 2011.
Asia Pacific
Boddington (100% owned) is located 81 miles (130 kilometers) southeast of Perth in Western Australia. Boddington produced 741,000 ounces of gold and 69 million pounds of copper in 2011, and at December 31, 2011, it reported 19.5 million ounces of gold reserves and 2,260 million pounds of copper reserves. Kalgoorlie (50% owned) comprises the Fimiston open pit (commonly referred to as the Super Pit) and Mt. Charlotte underground mine at Kalgoorlie-Boulder, 373 miles (600 kilometers) east of Perth in Western Australia. The mines are managed by Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd for the joint venture owners, Newmont and Barrick. During 2011, the Kalgoorlie operations produced 750,000 ounces of gold (375,000 attributable ounces), and at December 31, 2011, it reported 4.4 million attributable ounces of gold reserves.
Jundee (100% owned) is situated approximately 435 miles (700 kilometers) northeast of Perth in Western Australia. the Company mined ore at Jundee solely from underground sources in 2011. Jundee produced 333,000 ounces of gold in 2011 and at December 31, 2011, it reported 0.6 million ounces of gold reserves. Tanami (100% owned) includes the Granites treatment plant and associated mining operations, which are located in the Northern Territory approximately 342 miles (550 kilometers) northwest of Alice Springs. Operations are predominantly focused on the Callie underground mine at Dead Bullock Soak and ore is processed through the Granites treatment plant. In July 2011, a project to develop a shaft to support underground operations was approved. During 2011, the Tanami operations produced 221,000 ounces of gold and at December 31, 2011, it reported 2.5 million ounces of gold reserves.
Waihi (100% owned) is located within the town of Waihi, approximately 68 miles (110 kilometers) southeast of Auckland, New Zealand and consists of the Favona and Trio underground deposits and the Martha open pit mine. The Waihi operation produced 97,000 ounces of gold in 2011 and at December 31, 2011, it reported 0.4 million ounces of gold reserves. The Company has a 16.85% interest in Regis Resources Ltd. (Regis), which owns 100% of the Duketon gold mine, located approximately 200 miles northeast of Kalgoorlie. Duketon commenced production in the third quarter of 2010 and produced 17,000 attributable ounces of gold in 2011. At December 31, 2011, it reported 0.5 million attributable ounces of gold reserves.
Batu Hijau is located on the island of Sumbawa, approximately 950 miles (1,529 kilometers) east of Jakarta. Batu Hijau is a porphyry copper/gold deposit. In 2011, Batu Hijau produced 283 million pounds of copper (137 million attributable pounds) and 318,000 ounces of gold (154,000 attributable ounces). At December 31, 2011, it reported 3,730 million attributable pounds of copper reserves and 3.6 million attributable ounces of gold reserves at Batu Hijau. The Company owns 31.50% of the Batu Hijau mine through Nusa Tenggara Partnership B.V. (NTPBV), which it owns with an affiliate of Sumitomo Corporation of Japan. The Company has a 56.25% interest in NTPBV and the Sumitomo affiliate holds the remaining 43.75%. NTPBV in turn owns 56% of PT Newmont Nusa Tenggara (PTNNT), the Indonesian subsidiary that owns the Batu Hijau copper and gold mine.
Africa
Ahafo (100% owned) is located in the Brong-Ahafo Region of Ghana, approximately 180 miles (290 kilometers) northwest of Accra. It operates four open pits at Ahafo with reserves contained in 11 operating and planned pits. The process plant consists of a conventional mill and carbon-in-leach circuit. Ahafo produced 566,000 ounces of gold in 2011, and at December 31, 2011, it reported 12.1 million ounces of gold reserves.
Akyem (100% owned) is located approximately 80 miles (125 kilometers) northwest of Accra. The Akyem project is advancing with awarding of 95% of all construction contracts, commencement of bulk earthworks, civil work and underground utilities. The structural concrete was placed in August 2011. At December 31, 2011, it reported 7.4 million ounces of gold reserves.

big.chart

big.chart

sospesa, news pending

Indietro