Smith Micro Software Inc. (Nasadq : SMSI)

I livelli del report sembrano essere corretti......max odierno 17.09 min odierno 16.45......

Min e max crescenti........., stop sulla perdita in close della sma13

saluti

Allegati

• Chart of SMSI.gif
    Chart of SMSI.gif
    21,2 KB · Visite: 175
http://seekingalpha.com/article/600...-from-a-fallen-wall-street-story?source=yahoo

Smith Micro: Profit from a Fallen Wall Street Story
posted on: January 14, 2008 | about stocks: SMSI / VZ Print Email Smith Micro (SMSI) is a former-high flying tech stock that has been beaten down over the last few months on concerns of slowing growth in one of their product divisions, customer concentration issues, and declining GAPP earnings.

Trading now at about $6.70 and with a $200M market cap, SMSI should provide a very favorable risk reward in the near and long-term, as the company continues to benefit from its market leading position in a nascent, high growth, and incredibly profitable (70%+ GM) market. Currently trading at a proforma FY07 PE of about 8, I believe an investment in SMSI could offer upside of 100-300% in a reasonable scenario over the next 2-3 years, with relatively limited downside risk.

Company Overview:

Smith Micro markets a variety of software and solutions targeting mobile carriers and OEMs. It prides itself on being the market leader in offering a wide array of solutions to mobile carriers, primarily geared around enabling convergence in mobile devices. Their music software enables users to transfer music between mobile phones and their computer; their connectivity solution is frequently packaged with the mobile broadband cards that have become so popular with companies, allowing road warriors to access the internet from anywhere they can get cell phone reception.

The company also has a consumer division, which recently signed up VMware (VMW) fusion, a leading software solution for running windows and Mac simultaneously on Intel-based Macs, and which sells the popular Mac software titles like Stuff-it, Poser, and the leading Manga software. They claim to have the largest presence of any publisher in Apple (AAPL) stores, with 13 titles on average available.

There are too many business lines to discuss without boring you to death: a wealth of information is available on the company website here. Suffice to say, the company operates in a variety of attractive, emerging growth niches that are in high demand among carriers, device OEMs, and consumers. The cell phone is increasingly winning out as the consumer choice for mobile convergence, and as consumers continue to migrate to all in one devices like the iPhone, demand for SMSI's products will continue to grow.

Let's take a brief look at the company on a by segment basis to see how the revenue and profits break out, based on my 2007 estimates:

The connectivity business is the real gem here. Growth has been stellar, and with new carrier customers continuing to be on barded, and the overall market for the product expanding at a nice clip, this should be a 50%+ growing category for the foreseeable future. Thanks to the high gross margins, this business will be an even larger percentage of gross profit next year.

In Q3, Verizon (VZ) accounted for about 68% of SMSI's business. This concentration rightfully had a lot of people spooked. Since Q3, the company has announced a couple acquisitions which should immediately drop that number to about 50%. More importantly, the company has tremendous opportunity to offer the same services it currently offers to Verizon to other carriers and OEMs.

Its latest acqusition of PCTell, while expensive, now gives it inroads into just about every major carrier in the world. This is a story that's hard to quantify. It's impossible to accurately predict revenue growth, but the opportunity is there. A market leading company that can rapidly grow its customer base, increase its services per customer, and also see strong growth in their existing products can benefit from a rare combination of factors that leads to the kind of enormous QoQ revenue increases we've seen from SMSI thus far.

Why is it cheap?

Recently, Verizon partned with Real Networks (RNWK) to straighten its mobile music offering. Some peope worry that this will pressure their lucrative multimedia business if Real networks offers Verizon a competing version of the sort of mobile software SMSI currently provides. The risk, while possible, is overblown.

Real has great PC based music playing software, but it currently can't offer the same mobile to PC service that SMSI specializes in. Even if Real does build out this capability (which I imagine they eventually will), SMSI has much better relationships with the carriers and OEMs, and should be able to make up other business through additional carrier wins as market competition increases.

There are also concerns over the mix of SMSI's multimedia business. Currently, the majority of revenue comes from selling music kits, which include headphones, a USB chord, and a Smith-Micro CD. The margin is about 45%, but the revenue per unit is high. The product is sold as an add on, and has an attach rate of about 10-20% (according to management's November investor presentation).

Recently, carriers have been bundling the software with certain phones. Under this model, SMSI receives less revenue, but has higher gross margins (~95%), and experiences a higher attach rate as the product comes standard on most phones (~90%). Even though the revenue is much less, the increased profit and volume means that gross profit should stay relatively flat.

Unfortunately, management has not provided revenue per unit under both models, so analysts haven't been able to do the modeling and are taking a "wait and see" approach. We can't do the precise math, but we have enough information to get comfortable. Let's do some basic math to see the impact to gross profit from the change:

Gross Profit from Music Kits: revenue/unit (x) * attach rate (15%) * gross profit (45%)

Gross Profit from Software: revenue/unit (y) * attach rate (90%) * gross profit (95%)

So...Gross Profit from Music Kits: .0675x Gross Profit from Software: .885y

Which means that as long as revenue per software unit is more than 8% (.0675/.885) of the revenue received from music kits, then changes between models should have no impact on earnings. I think this is a reasonable assumption, with the music kits retails for $30. Additionally, the higher volume benefit means higher adoption of the software, which in the long run is a strong positive for SMSI, as it validates consumer acceptance and allows SMSI to book more revenue from product usage.

Other reasons for the stock price include analyst frustration with not receiving guidance, and generally having difficulty modeling the business and the frequent acquisitions and customer wins. If you get the story here and understand the potential economics, its clear that revenue and earnings 2-3 years from now should be much more than they are currently, even if you can't quite chart the path to there accurately. I don't mind the quarter to quarter uncertainty, and believe the long term story is compelling.

The company has also burned through much of its cash, making two pricey acquisitions relative to sales. The strategic logic is solid, but the pricey valuations lead some to be cautious in the near-term. The company is acquiring customer relationships that improve the value of all their products through cross-selling opportunities. By acquiring companies that offer best-of-breed solutions to the carriers, it has become a dominant player in multiple high growth solutions, and the only company with true scale to offer multiple solutions to the carriers and OEMs. It also has the opportunity to sell its existing products into the newly acquired customers, and visa-versa.

Another issue worth mentioning is the difference between the pro-forma and GAAP numbers. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the terms, proforma notably adjusts earnings for stock based compensation and other one time expenses, while GAAP earnings do not. Recently, Pro-forma and GAAP earnings have diverged, with GAAP earnings down on a YoY basis due to much higher (and frankly, nearing egregious) stock grant and option expenses, as well as tax rate differneces (GAPP is fully taxed, cash taxes used for Pro-forma calculation are lower due to some NOLs).

Analysts are using pro-forma numbers, which peg earnings at about $.80 for the year: a P/E of about 8 on current prices. GAAP should come in at more like $.18, which puts the P/E at about 38. So the stock is cheap on a pro-forma basis, pricey on a GAPP basis, and about fairly valued on a P/S of about 3. For better or worse, analysts usually value companies on Pro-forma numbers, which helps here: the stock was previously trading at about 20x pro-forma PE, or 30x on a fully taxed pro-forma basis.

If the growth story catches on again and stock returns to that same valuation, the stock could very well double to triple over the next year. On a GAPP basis, this can still work out well, too. According to my relatively conservative estimates, GAAP earnings should come in at $.40 in FY08, or a forward P/E of about 18x, with 30%+ growth thereafter , which would still make this a relatively strong performer in a weak market. Note that the company, which had been paying cash taxes in the single digit range in 2007, will likely be fully taxed in 08', which means profit growth will likely pause before accelerating again in FY09.

Conclusion:
SMSI is in a complex situation with a lot of moving pieces, but the value is there. It trades at an attractive multiple of current earnings, and is perhaps one of the more exciting, high growth, and profitable companies available in the market today--and certainly at these prices. Continued earnings growth, the attractive "story nature" of the stock, and the possibility of drastically increased multiples (from 8x today to 20-30x historically) mean the stock could be worth several times its current value if a few things work right.

If things go mediocre, with multimedia growth slowing down, you've still got the high growth connectivity business that is chugging along and should keep earnings from falling apart. In the unlikely event that both the multimedia and connectivity division collapses and/or SMSI loses Verizon at as a customer, the stock could drop substantially, but given the potential upside I think that's a risk we are more than compensated for.

quota 7.9 e mi piace assai:yes:Grecale avresti un grafico da aggiungere grazie;)

potenzialmente un x 4 dai prezzi attuali (1,95) ci sta tutto nel medio periodo (6-8 mesi) soprattutto se si decide di rimandare il crack del mega sistema ponzi planetario :D

ecco un settimanale, ottima l'impostazione dello stocastico nel cerchietto

Allegati

• SMITH MICRO SOFTWARE.png
    SMITH MICRO SOFTWARE.png
    30,3 KB · Visite: 102
bel titolo questa quando darà la trimestrale?

premetto che io seleziono i titoli non per i fondamentali ma per l'analisi tecnica... detto questo anche i fondamentali vanno presi in considerazione.

quasi sempre quando faccio operazioni di trading (di solito di medio periodo) io compro un titolo e poi vado a vedere cosa fa, in che settore opera è che fondamentali ha. :D

comunque

The next earnings announcement from SMSI is expected the week of February 20, 2012.

Stock Earnings - TD Ameritrade

comuque qualche dato

capitalizza 71 mln usd

cassa per 54 mln

a quanto pare senza debiti

bilanci 2009-2009-2010 sempre in crescita e in utile. dopo il primo trim. 2011 chiuso in utile, sono arrivati 3 trim. difficili con 7,8-7,8 e 134,48 mln di perdite. nel 3° trim. le perdite pari a 134,48 mln sono da imputare per 114 mln a "non recurring" ossia a spese non ricorrenti per svalutazione del goodwill (avviamento). questa cosa andrà approfondita cercherò notizie). in ogni caso un 2011 non buono.

As of September 30, 2011 we had no debt. The following table summarizes our contractual obligations as of September 30, 2011 (in thousands):

Liquidity and Capital Resources

At September 30, 2011, we had $54.1 million in cash and cash equivalents and short-term investments and $60.6 million of working capital

tradotto da google

Smith Micro Software Report 2011 Risultati terzo trimestre finanziario
Press Release : Smith Micro Software, Inc. – Wed, Nov 2, 2011 4:05 PM EDT
Comunicato Stampa: Smith Micro Software, Inc. - mer, Nov 2, 2011 16:05 CEST
Aliso Viejo, California - (BUSINESS WIRE) - Smith Micro Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMSI ), fornitore leader di soluzioni wireless e mobilità, ha annunciato i risultati finanziari relativi al terzo trimestre 2011 conclusosi il 30 settembre 2011.

"Come abbiamo annunciato in precedenza, il nostro fatturato del terzo trimestre sono stati 12,6 milioni dollari, come abbiamo continuato a vedere un declino nella nostra attività di gestione della connessione di base, principalmente a causa della transizione a tecnologie hotspot mobile come un modo crescente per la connessione a reti a banda larga mobile," ha detto William W. Smith Jr., Presidente e CEO di Smith Micro Software.

"Continuiamo i nostri sforzi per sviluppare nuovi prodotti per affrontare la continua evoluzione dei dispositivi collegati e stiamo facendo buoni progressi su prove in campo per il nostro nuovo prodotto mobile Network Director. ”

Ci aspettiamo che questo software Smartphone basato permetterà ai nostri clienti di alleviare la congestione del traffico sulle loro reti da scarico dati Wi-Fi e consente passaggi di consegne senza soluzione di continuità tra 3G, 4G e Wi-Fi. "

Inoltre, come precedentemente annunciato, a seguito del calo continuo delle nostre azioni e dei ricavi, abbiamo testato beni buona volontà e di lunga durata per riduzione di valore come 30 settembre 2011 come richiesto dai principi contabili generalmente accettati. Come risultato di questa analisi, abbiamo registrato una svalutazione di 112,9 milioni dollari. Inoltre, abbiamo riservato la nostra piena attività per imposte anticipate di $ 11,4 milioni (che è al netto delle imposte). Queste accuse non hanno impatto dei flussi di cassa della Società o la posizione di cassa.

Smith Micro ha registrato un fatturato di $ 12,6 milioni per il terzo trimestre terminato il 30 settembre 2011, rispetto ai $ 34,0 milioni riportati nel terzo trimestre conclusosi il 30 settembre 2010.

Terzo trimestre con un utile lordo su base GAAP è stato di $ 8,9 milioni, rispetto ai 30,2 milioni dollari riportati nel terzo trimestre del 2010.
Su base non-GAAP (che esclude l'ammortamento dei beni immateriali e di compensazione azionaria), l'utile lordo del terzo trimestre è stato di $ 10,2 milioni, rispetto ai 31,8 milioni dollari per il trimestre dello scorso anno.

Utile GAAP lordo come percentuale del fatturato è stato 70,7% per il terzo trimestre del 2011, rispetto al 88,9% per lo stesso trimestre dello scorso anno.
Non-GAAP l'utile lordo come percentuale del fatturato è stato 80,7% per il terzo trimestre del 2011, rispetto al 93,5% per lo stesso trimestre dell'anno precedente, principalmente per effetto dei minori ricavi.

La perdita netta GAAP per il terzo trimestre del 2011 è stato 134,5 milioni dollari, o una perdita di 3,76 dollari per azione diluita, contro un utile netto GAAP di $ 3,1 milioni, o $ 0,09 per azione diluita, per il terzo trimestre del 2010Non-GAAP (che esclude l'ammortamento dei beni immateriali, compensazioni azionarie, svalutazioni di goodwill e lento ciclo di utilizzo, e non in contanti spese fiscali) perdita netta per il terzo trimestre del 2011 è stato di $ 9,7 milioni, o una perdita di 0,27 dollari per azione diluita, rispetto all'utile netto di 7,9 milioni dollari, o 0,23 dollari per azione diluita, per il terzo trimestre del 2010.

Interamente diluito media ponderata delle azioni ordinarie in circolazione per il periodo di tre mesi terminato il 30 settembre 2011 sono stati 35,7 milioni, rispetto ai 34,7 milioni fully diluted media ponderata delle azioni ordinarie in circolazione per il periodo di tre mesi terminato il 30 settembre 2010.

Per i nove mesi terminati il ​​30 settembre 2011, la Società ha registrato un fatturato di $ 46,5 milioni, rispetto ai 95,2 milioni dollari per i nove mesi terminati il ​​30 settembre 2010.

GAAP l'utile lordo è stato 35,5 milioni dollari per i nove mesi terminati il ​​30 settembre 2011, rispetto ai 83,8 milioni dollari per i nove mesi chiusi al 30 settembre 2010.

Non-GAAP l'utile lordo (che esclude l'ammortamento dei beni immateriali e la compensazione azionaria) è stato 39.300 mila dollari per i nove mesi terminati il ​​30 settembre 2011, rispetto ai 88.400 mila dollari per lo stesso periodo dell'anno scorso.

La perdita netta GAAP per i nove mesi chiusi al 30 settembre 2011 era 150.100 mila dollari, o una perdita di 4,22 dollari per azione diluita, contro un utile netto GAAP per i nove mesi terminati il ​​30 settembre 2010 di 6,6 milioni dollari, o 0,19 dollari per azione diluita. Non-GAAP (che esclude l'ammortamento dei beni immateriali, compensazioni azionarie, svalutazioni di goodwill e lento ciclo di utilizzo, e non in contanti spese fiscali) perdita netta per i nove mesi terminati il ​​30 settembre 2011 è stato 19,7 milioni dollari, o una perdita di $ 0,55 per azione diluita, contro un utile netto di $ 20,9 milioni, o $ 0,60 per azione diluita, per i nove mesi terminati il ​​30 settembre 2010.

Totale disponibilità liquide e mezzi equivalenti e investimenti a breve termine al 30 settembre 2011 sono stati 54,1 milioni dollari.

La Società utilizza un non-GAAP riconciliazione del profitto lordo, reddito prima delle imposte, l'utile netto e l'utile per azione nella presentazione dei risultati finanziari nel presente comunicato. Il management ritiene che questa presentazione può essere più significativo di analizzare la nostra generazione di reddito, dal momento che l'ammortamento dei beni immateriali di acquisizioni, compensazione azionaria, buona volontà e di lunga durata svalutazioni di asset e non cash oneri fiscali sono esclusi dal calcolo non-GAAP guadagni. Dato che siamo in una posizione di perdita, il non-GAAP benefici fiscali sul reddito per i nove mesi terminati il ​​30 settembre 2011 è calcolato utilizzando un tax rate del 30,7% utilizzando la Società combinato Stati Uniti federali, statali e stranieri aliquote legali di meno l'anno to-date imposte regolazioni. Questa presentazione può essere considerata più indicativa delle nostre prestazioni in corso di esercizio. Le tabelle seguenti presentano le differenze tra i non-GAAP e l'utile netto su base assoluta e per azione. Non-GAAP non devono essere considerati separatamente da, o in sostituzione, le informazioni finanziarie presentate in conformità con i principi contabili, e le misure non finanziarie come riportato da Smith Micro Software non può essere paragonabile alla quantità in modo simile dal titolo segnalate da altre aziende.

per me settimana nera tolto smsi ho preso in.qu.la.te da varie migliaia di euri gmxr--vical--cool..

sto meditando un reingresso mi hanno detto che potrebbe ritracciare su 1,68 traderone tu cosa ne pensi sei dentro? io ero uscito a 1,94 sta facendo lo stesso movimento di dexo

Indietro