Asset allocation during Retirement

Con più azioni il rischio di finire il denaro diminuisce, è scontato dopotutto essendo le stocks la asset con più rendimento sul lungo periodo. Essendo un early retire è la scelta migliore. Non ha senso andare oltre il 75%. Altrove aumenta il rischio in caso di un bear market profondo o prolungato.

Per chi ha 15/20/30 anni massimo di vita di rendita o altri redditi si può abbassare la componente azionaria.

Diminuisce il rischio di finire il denaro ma deve aumentare la tenuta psicologica....io ne conosco pochi in grado di tenere botta... A questo punto prenditi un Ls80 e prelevati il 3.5 annuo:p

Va bè dai, mi iscrivo anch'io a questa discussione ....

... e concludo subito dicendo che quando saranno quotati in EU (che Iddio lo voglia!) i target fund di Vanguard io farò 75% in quelli e 25% cash/cd/bfp€i.

E tanti saluti a tutti. :D

Va bè dai, mi iscrivo anch'io a questa discussione ....

... e concludo subito dicendo che quando saranno quotati in EU (che Iddio lo voglia!) i target fund di Vanguard io farò 75% in quelli e 25% cash/cd/bfp€i.

E tanti saluti a tutti. :D

Intanto io mi sono accontentato del lifestrategy :D

Alcuni articoli di Dirk Cotton (The Retirement Café) segnalati da Mike Piper (Oblivious Investor).

Investing Blog Roundup: Remembering Dirk Cotton — Oblivious Investor

I recently learned that retirement writer/researcher Dirk Cotton passed away late last month.

Through his blog, Retirement Cafe, Cotton taught me quite a bit over the years. I never had the chance to meet him in person, but in our email correspondence he was always very kind.

Many of Dirk’s articles have been included in roundups here on this blog, but today I just wanted to (re)share a few of my favorites. I hope you enjoy them.

The Prevalent but Problematic Probability of Ruin
Why Retirees Go Broke
The Mystery Of Dividend Preference And The ‘Spend Dividends Only’ Strategy
The Limits of Simulation
Honey, What’s Our Retirement Plan?
Monte Carlo and Tales of Fat Tails

Ultima modifica:
Inflation, Deflation, Confiscation & Devastation- The Four Horsemen Of Risk - Retirement Researcher

4 rischi per i pensionati:

- inflazione alta e prolungata (probabilità che si manifesti in futuro = elevata) : non così pericolosa per un portafoglio diversificato. La migliore protezione sono i bonds IL. Picchi di inflazione veloci devastano i bonds.
- deflazione (probabilità che si manifesti in futuro = bassa) : It is good for bonds and bad for stocks. Solutions include cash, bonds, and international diversification, as well as gold. But using bonds and bills carries a high cost if we experience inflation rather than deflation.
- As for confiscation and devastation, the best defenses are holding foreign assets and having a means for escape. He argues that confiscation is a likely deep risk as taxes will likely increase in the future.

Bernstein’s conclusion is that the best long-term defense against deep risk is a globally diversified equity portfolio with tilting toward value and precious metals and natural resource companies, TIPS, and potentially some gold and foreign real estate. Because of inflation, bonds become riskier than stocks over long horizons, while shallow risk makes investors with shorter time horizons more vulnerable with stocks.

What Do Low Interest Rates Mean for Stock Returns? | Retirement Researcher

I tassi bassi sui bonds influenzeranno poco i rendimenti azionari. Probabilmente saranno leggermente più bassi della media storica.

Proseguendo il ragionamento....

Il mercato azionario è in parte guidato dai buybacks, mi chiedo che effetto avranno i bassi tassi di interesse, per un lungo periodo, sulla leva finanziaria.
Corporate Clients – Buybacks (4-Week Average) – ISABELNET

Analysts note that companies remain conservative, with much of the cash raised remaining on their balance sheets, rather than shifting to more aggressive activities like stock buybacks. The combined cash balance of S&P 500 companies has risen to a record $3.4tn, up $1.3tn from 2019 and more than three times the level seen in 2008, according to data from S&P Capital IQ.

Fed backstop masks rising risks in America’s corporate debt market

https _d6c748xw2pzm8.cloudfront.net_prod_a2e11080-3fc8-11eb-94aa-f92ca6a8ef60-standard.jpg

We believe income investors should maintain exposure to high yield bonds in this environment. With the Fed on hold, interest rate volatility may remain at low levels. A sharp, unexpected rise in rates is certainly a risk investors must be aware of. Higher yields, however, can provide a cushion against rising rates, and higher growth is positive for spreads. Over the past decade, the correlation of US and emerging markets high yield corporate bonds to inflation, although not strongly positive, is only slightly below that of US equities and higher than investment-grade bonds and US Treasuries (which has a negative correlation). Interestingly, their correlation to inflation is also higher than US REITs and similar to natural resources equities. The asset class yields approximately 5.6%, which is well above the Fed’s stated inflation target of 2%, potentially allowing income investors to out-earn inflation and maintain purchasing power.

Emerging markets high yield corporate bonds denominated in US dollars may be particularly attractive and provide a way for income investors to benefit from higher global growth which is expected to reach 5.5% this year, according to the International Monetary Fund, reflecting an upward revision from their October estimate.

In addition to diversification, emerging markets high yield corporate bonds also provide a compelling relative value opportunity within a global high yield portfolio. The asset class currently provides a yield that is 1.23% higher than US high yield bonds (as of January 31, 2021), driven by a pickup in credit spreads that is above the 5-year average. Average effective duration is lower (3.55 versus 3.80), potentially providing an additional cushion if rates continue to rise.

Emerging markets high yield bonds also compare favorably to US high yield bonds in terms of quality, particularly in light of the significantly higher spread levels, with higher exposure to BB-rated bonds and lower exposure to CCC and below. Emerging markets high yield corporates have generally exhibited impressive discipline over the past few years, and have lower leverage and higher interest coverage ratios compared to US high yield. Default rates have historically been lower than US high yield, and that was also true in 2020.

Consider high yield emerging markets bonds amid reflation | ETF Strategy - ETF Strategy

Infine chiudo con la relazione tra volatilità del mercato azionario e asset class. Non ho però trovato una base dati più aggiornata di questa.

Historical data reveals that periods of falling market volatility tend to be associated with higher market returns; conversely, periods of rising volatility have been associated with lower market returns, as evidenced by the negative correlation between the S&P 500 Index's standard deviation and its returns. Using the index's standard deviation as a common denominator also revealed that this inverse relationship with market volatility extended to the returns of other asset classes, including international stocks, real estate securities, and high-yield credit.

Assets sensitive to interest-rate movements—municipal bonds, U.S. Treasury securities, and core investment-grade debt—have long played the role of portfolio ballast, as their return patterns have demonstrated positive correlations with market volatility.

Risk_asset_returns_were_generally_down_when_market_volatility_was_up_1.jpg

As market volatility rises, asset returns fall—but not all

Indietro